National Shoppertron 431 sliding door question

Apple Leisure

Hi, I'm new here so please correct and forgive any missteps I might make.

Anyway, I have a Shoppertron 431 and some of the sliding doors are a bit difficult to open sometimes.  They will open with enough force applied but I'm wondering if there is a way to lubricate or otherwise make them slide a bit more easily.

Thanks a lot.

You might have dirty rails that the doors slide in so you should try cleaning them with the doors open.  Carefully test each door to see if maybe the rails are warped or bent.  They might need to be replaced.  Lubrication should ONLY be with Food Grade Silicone spray or white lithium grease.  Use the silicone on sliding components or hard to read spots.  Use the grease on pivot points where you see previous factory grease.  The rails shouldn't need any lube, only the linkage working the door.  It might be time for the entire lockbar panel to be disassembled and lubed by a technician who knows what they are doing.

Customers have a tendency to pull doors fast and hard on the 430 and 431's this cause it to jam the solenoid and prevents the door from opening. Also if the shield isn't installed correctly it can impede the door from opening smoothly. Gunk like apples and fruit can get in track and also prevent them from opening. Use a tooth brush to clean the track.

Do not use lubricant. It will just attract more dirt faster. The only solution is to clean the slide track. The cleaner it is, the better it will work. Any non-amonia based cleaning product will work.

Archived