Average Door Sized Snack Machines

Almost every vending machine made can be moved through a door that is generally 32" wide or more.  When the door is 35"-36" it gets even easier.  Machines can be clam-shelled through doorways with the correct professional equipment and you need to learn how to do that or have a mover who is experienced in doing that.  Otherwise you will be limiting yourself to certain smaller machines and/or accounts.  Keep in mind that you admit your are a newbie in the business and from your other post in this regard (please try not to duplicate your posts) it's clear that those 3 machines you have had did not educate you to all of the variables of this business.  You simply haven't been exposed to all of these issues yet but they can be overcome there are very few locations that can't have full size machines.  You will eventually have an unreasonably small building, door, breakroom, etc., or you'll encounter unreasonable accounts that don't understand what you need to do to be profitable and/or won't accommodate your space needs.  Those are accounts you'll need to evaluate as to viability or if it would be better to walk away from them.

As AZ said, we will clam shell basically all of our machines. We often will have to take the buildings door off the hinges too. If you are not willing to spend at least 1k in the right moving equipment then hire someone who moves vending machines. Some of the newer snack machines have pop out pannels for even smaller doors, or if you have to fit through a door that i connected to a hallway the same size, If the haulway is the same size as the door you will not be able to clam shell it because there is not enough room to spin the cabinet side of the machine once its throguh the door.

Thanks guys, this was great help. Sorry about the doublepost, didn't think the other one went through. Also, the first time I tried to get an AP 7600 was through a door with a hallway which was the same size. I will definitely try the clam shell technique.

If the haul way is not at least 6 inches wider then the door i dont think it will work. The reason is because once the cabinet side of machine is through the door you must have room to spin it a little so you can then pull the door through as you are rotating it. If the hall is not big enough you might end up taking off the snack machine door and the building door. If you have to go to all this work for that account that does 100 a month I would pass on it altogether. Let Canteen screw around with it.

Thanks guys, this was great help. Sorry about the doublepost, didn't think the other one went through. Also, the first time I tried to get an AP 7600 was through a door with a hallway which was the same size. I will definitely try the clam shell technique.

If I remember correctly  AP7600 also have panels that can be removed. 

Also AP7600 have panels that can be removed if need be to get into a small opening. 

RJT, not sure if all AP's 7600's have panels? I have 12-13 of them and have never seen the panels. On these you have to take the bracket off the slide that holds the coin mech so it slides all the way in the side the machine. I know the merchant meidas have these panels because I have used them.

RJT, not sure if all AP's 7600's have panels? I have 12-13 of them and have never seen the panels. On these you have to take the bracket off the slide that holds the coin mech so it slides all the way in the side the machine. I know the merchant meidas have these panels because I have used them.

I had to take one apart one time to get through a very small door and pretty sure it has panels of some sort but you also have to take off the entire coin/val slide door along with the brackets that hold on the door hinges. Could be wrong but pretty sure it had top and bottom panels of some sort once you take it down that far. 

A/P 7600 never had panels. It will go thru a 31" opening by removing the door stop rod, and removing the slide out panel stop so you can push it further into the cabinet. Then you can couch it through.

Yeah, thats what I thought. I never have seen a 7600 with panels.

I had to take one apart one time to get through a very small door and pretty sure it has panels of some sort but you also have to take off the entire coin/val slide door along with the brackets that hold on the door hinges. Could be wrong but pretty sure it had top and bottom panels of some sort once you take it down that far. 

You can remove the bracket for the coin slide door and it simply goes inside the machine.

A/P 7600 never had panels. It will go thru a 31" opening by removing the door stop rod, and removing the slide out panel stop so you can push it further into the cabinet. Then you can couch it through.

Do you work for canteen?

Correct, I texted my service tech and he said we had to remove the door, slide, and front legs because they stuck out just enough to block us. He said it was another one we had removed the panels for the install. 

Archived