Vending Video

BaneTrain

Amazing to think that you can "build an empire" on one wave and have it seemingly crash out afterwards. I have to give the guy mad props though, he's got the tenacity to stay in business as a bulk vendor- most "casual" operators would quit after falling on rougher times like that.

My father and I first watched this not too long after I registered my business with the state, and he said "Whatever you do, don't collect your quarters in a plastic sandcastle bucket" and I must say, that is solid advice. :lol:

Many will collect in numbered bags, keeping track of what location, and maybe machine the numbered bag was filled at, and then count at home.

I don't understand a lot of things he did in this video. He had a simple coin counting tube in his car, but was counting by hand at one location, then guessing what he had at another. Also didn't understand how he was paying commission. One location was 36% from hand counting, than the next was 20% from an estimate. 

I don't think that selling toys to kids was "picking their pockets". I understand that is more or less a joke, but for some people, that is their twisted view of capitalism.

Anyway, a little better understanding of business, and money management, he could be doing a lot better. IMAO. (In my arrogant opinion.)

He is the same person, in person. Actually a great guy.

You've met the one, the only, Sugar Daddy?!

He is definitely inconsistent with how he handles each location and in my opinion he doesn't love it anymore. He seemed to look at it more like a burden than an enjoyable business. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived