Changing motor on a royal 650

Hey guys have a selection with a dead motor. Went to replace it. Removed rod and both motors (the machine has back to back columns. How the hell do you line up to reinstall the rod and motor assembly. So awkward and almost need 3 hands. Can get it perfectly through the first column but than can't seem to line up the rear column.

What's the trick?

Patience is the trick. I've done it many times and it seems to be difficult every time.  I've often wondered if it will ever go back together myself, but it does.  The pisser is when you get it into the back stack and then accidentally pull it back out.

Patience is the trick. I've done it many times and it seems to be difficult every time. I've often wondered if it will ever go back together myself, but it does. The pisser is when you get it into the back stack and then accidentally pull it back out.

I've done that too! I know I have replaced at least three of them, but don't remember them being 'that' difficult.

Alright you guys have restored some faith in the situation. Glad it's not just me. I just watched a YouTube video and I believe I had the back rotor in the wrong hole (bigger bottom hole). Going back in an hour for round 2!

Archived