38 employees enough for a soda machine?

I have a small factory with 38 employees looking for a soda machine. M-F just normal 9-5 it's about 5 miles from another stop I have. All my soda machine are in larger accounts so I would need to buy one which I can get a decent used one for $1k. I've had mixed results with accounts this size. Would you guys invest in a machine for them?

Unlimited access the lunch room where it would go is on the way to the bathroom. They assemble computer boards so on the walk through I got I saw mostly 30-50's age group. They have a much larger facility than they need so there is one main lunch room and a smaller lunch room for the 1/3 the staff that's Indian and avoids eating in area's that may have beef around. There is a quick chek convenient store about a mile down the road but nothing in walking distance of there building.

I have a small factory with 38 employees looking for a soda machine. M-F just normal 9-5 it's about 5 miles from another stop I have. All my soda machine are in larger accounts so I would need to buy one which I can get a decent used one for $1k. I've had mixed results with accounts this size. Would you guys invest in a machine for them?

Yes, factory workers are usually very good vending customers with many of them buying up to three sodas a day.  Since we aren't talking about a snack machine here I would see this as a no brainer.

Yes, factory workers are usually very good vending customers with many of them buying up to three sodas a day.  Since we aren't talking about a snack machine here I would see this as a no brainer.

Correct, I thought they were going to want snacks so I was going to bring them a combo I had in the warehouse to test the volume before investing in a full size machine but the person who runs the site said they really just wanted drinks and would prefer soda alone.

Appreciate the feedback, I felt like this was a no brainer as well but I've been trying to slow down my equipment purchasing since so much got placed the last quarter but another $1K ain't gonna break the bank.

I just had a small location that started off as a hand-me-down soda-only account with 20 employees.  They were doing about $30-$35/week in canned soda only.  Now, they are up to 35 employees and doing over $50/week.  Mind you, their warehouse is totally climate-controlled and no one really strains themselves in there.  They are looking to add something in the nature of 5 employees right away, with something like 10+ more over the next 6 months.  I upgraded them to a combo and they have outgrown that as well.  It's a good problem to have and I look for them to gross $75-$100/week within the next 12 months.  While they aren't the greatest of accounts to have, making anything near $100/week here from snacks and cans around here is worth fighting over.

If that account has 38 employees in a hot factory, with at least 25 of those being in the warehouse, I could see an account like this grossing $45-$75/week in canned soda.  I think that's pretty good if it's cans only.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be late to the discussion but I'd check and see if they've got access to a refrigerator. If someone can bring in their own drinks they're not much of a potential customer. And then you have people who will stock the fridge and put in a cup and write '25 cents' on it and they'll provide their own cheaper drinks that way. 38 people is borderline and depends a lot on whether they'll have a good reason to buy from the machine.

Archived