Vendo 720 DBA

QuikVend

Went to check out my Vendo 720 earlier today. For a call that it wasn't taking bills. Found a jammed bill in the cassette. Got it working and tested a few bills before I left. Just got a call back that its jammed again.

Currently it has a conlux dba, but I'm looking to upgrade to a mars. Not sure, but will it need an adapter or no?

Well, went to go swap dba and the wire coming from the dba has 2 plugs on the end. One to connect to the board and another to connect to the coin changer. Apparently I do need an adapter? Anybody know which one? 

That would be an incorrect harness for a V720 or any MDB machine.  You need a 24v validator with an MDB harness on it that will plug into the MDB harness in the machine.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need an MEI MDB harness.

6 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

That would be an incorrect harness for a V720 or any MDB machine.  You need a 24v validator with an MDB harness on it that will plug into the MDB harness in the machine.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need an MEI MDB harness.

I figured that was going to be the case. So I'm looking for a mei mdb you harness, right? 

50 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

Well, went to go swap dba and the wire coming from the dba has 2 plugs on the end. One to connect to the board and another to connect to the coin changer. Apparently I do need an adapter? Anybody know which one? 

Time for pics. The conlux unit has a very long MDB harness. You might only need an MDB extension, which I'll send to you for a small donation to this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got all my parts together and made my way to the location to swap in a new bill acceptor and coin changer. New equipment was going to be VN2512 and CF7512 5-tube changer(4 quarters/1 nickel). Hooked it all up and powered the machine on and got 2 flashes on the DBA. All coin tubes were more than half full and tried vending 4 or 5 times with coins only with still no luck. Put my Conlux 3120 back in and it's accepting books again(for now).

I've tried different switch settings on the DBA with no luck. Anything else it could be? 

That's a very weird problem to have.  I'm thinking of all kinds of things but about the only thing I can possibly think of is that your machine was still in service mode (door not closed maybe) or maybe you have a bad door switch.  However, a bad door switch would definitely NOT cause bill jams.  Either you have more than one problem going on here or you simply weren't in a sales mode where you could actually use the validator but I'm pretty sure you're good there too if you vended with change.

Whenever I have a problem like that, I always unplug the machine and plug it back in.  I have seen SOME machines that disable the validator (for who knows what reasons) because the validator started up before the coin mech.  Don't ask me how that's happened or if it even makes any logical sense, but cutting off power completely and replugging has probably solved 35% of all of the minor ghost problems I have ever experienced.

Yea, I was stumped as well. I spent an extra hour and a half installing and trying everything I could think of. 

The jammed bills has to be due to the DBA needed serviced. It apparently gets a bill stuck and disables, but at some point it gets unstuck(?) and continues to work. I left there the other day and a bill got jammed just after I left, so I assumed I wouldn't have very many sales when I stopped by today. Machine was sold out and had taken over 100 bills.

I'll try to unplug it and hope it resets everything. Between this and dealing with the gauge bars, I'm ready to toss this thing over the nearest cliff and be done with it. 

I do have a 501e I'm about to pull from a location if I don't get it running soon though. 

4 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Jammed bills means you need to rebuild the validator.  I can send an exchange unit if needed.  Rbepic4gatgmaildotcom

I'll email you for the exchange. I'd like to get the vn2512 to work though, since it's updated for $5 bills already. I'll use the Conlux as a spare. Other than unplugging the machine, do you have anything else I should try? 

9 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

The 2512 should have worked. Check the DIP switches: 1,2,4,5,6 should be on.

I thought it would have worked too. I'll try the dip switches again when I head back there tomorrow. 

A Conlux that has bill jams is a validator that needs rebuilt, common failure for those when they start to wear out.

The MEI should have worked.  There are only a couple of instances I've ever experienced where a two flash error was due to a validator problem on the 2000 series; that error almost always indicates operator error of some kind (board setting, coins low, switches set wrong, harness problem).  Besides a solid red light, two flashing lights are the next healthiest sign the validator can have.  There is probably just something you're missing.  How are your switches set on it now?

I've also had issues with different manufacturer's bill acceptors not working in place of the other, even with MDB validators and mechs.  USI equipment has done that to me the most.  The Vendo 720 should not have that problem though, especially with the 2000 series. 

I think we are all puzzled here because it sounds like all of the bases are covered.  That's a bummer.  You could always try another 2512 and see how it does.  After all, the 2512 is capable of being used for a 24v non-MDB machine or an MDB machine depending on which harness you use.

Yea, it's a bit frustrating. I went through every troubleshooting step in could remember and was still getting 2 flashes. Now that I've had a few days to think it over and get ideas, I'll give it another shot. I'll take my other 2512 with me and set the switches 1,2,4,5,6 to on,  unplug the machine, connect everything and double check to make sure they're secure, then fire it up. 

Archived