DN276e thermostat adjustment

Gsquared18

Hello everyone, new to the vending world and got a DN276e the other day and everything is running smooth but have a question about setting the thermostat. I obviously want to run it as efficiently as possible to save on energy usage. It's in my garage and only use it for my own use and and don't need really cold sodas.

I set the adjustment screw to first notch past off and put a wireless temp monitor inside which read 36 degrees this morning. I'm assuming I have it at the lowest setting but think 36 degrees is pretty darn cold. Any way to make it a little warmer like in the mid to low 40s or is that not good for the machine?

There are three things to consider. First, if the ambient temperature around you is cold, the soda isn't going to be much warmer if at all. The compressor won't turn on unless it calls for cooling which won't happen when it is cold outside.

Secondly, the knobs are often not precise because the knob itself may be a little loose. You have to turn the thermostat completely off, mark where 0 is, then turn the dial to what should be 1 or 2 or 3 etc..  it's possible your thermostat is really at a higher setting than you think.

Finally, assuming your thermostat isn't just bad, consider that a modern machine such as the 276e really won't use much more electricity than a fridge. You really shouldn't waste your time and money with a vending machine if it's for personal use.  But if you insist, it's pretty efficient as it is. Make sure the door is tight but don't tighten it as hard as you can. Too tight can affect the locking mechanism and damage the door seal.

Thanks for the reply. I got the machine for $100 and a few hours labor I did on new floor so the initial investment was very little. I'll try the adjustment on setting for zero and go from there. It's 55 degrees outside today so probably 65 in the garage and the machine is at 36. Thanks for letting me about the efficiency of this model. 4fac4217d0322c76a3b1ad74121e4494.jpg

Just based off of what I see, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a Pepsi asset.  Regardless, since the ambient temperature sounds fine, it's either a bad thermostat or your knob is just giving you misleading information as I mentioned earlier.  The knob is accurate in the sense that the amount you have to turn is equal to the numbers on the knob.  So.. if you can sort of eyeball the distance from 0 to 1, you can easily turn the knob to about wherever "1" should be at.  Hopefully that will make sense.  You can also simply keep turning the thermostat closer to zero until it stops cooling so much.

Archived