AP 6600

TenVend

Hey Guys .....Need a little help.  I have an AP 6600......I know its an old machine.  We have it in a warehouse and the guys don't mind the age.  We were having change issues assuming it was the changer.  (It would only accept Nickels) We replaced the changer with a new refurbed one and now it is kicking what I assume is the Amp Breaker in the bottom left of the machine.  Everytime the machine tries to come back on it kicks it off.  Is that a fuse in there we need to replace........??  Anyone had this happen before. ?  It is in a tough spot to move and would like to just fix it as apposed to bringing in another machine....Thanks

On 1/3/2017 at 10:43 AM, TenVend said:

Hey Guys .....Need a little help.  I have an AP 6600......I know its an old machine.  We have it in a warehouse and the guys don't mind the age.  We were having change issues assuming it was the changer.  (It would only accept Nickels) We replaced the changer with a new refurbed one and now it is kicking what I assume is the Amp Breaker in the bottom left of the machine.  Everytime the machine tries to come back on it kicks it off.  Is that a fuse in there we need to replace........??  Anyone had this happen before. ?  It is in a tough spot to move and would like to just fix it as apposed to bringing in another machine....Thanks

Normally breakers don't have fuses in them but they do eventually go bad.  I own several of these and I've yet to have this problem so my guess would be to find a replacement breaker for the machine.  Also check if you have any bare spots in your harness as this could trip even a good breaker.

Did you turn the machine off before you changed the changer? Did a coin get loose when filling the change tubes? Unplug the changer and power up without it. If the breaker holds, there's your problem.

Did you use a proper coin mech?  The two common coin mechs for that machine (if it has a stock board) are the Coinco 9300-L and the Mars TRC 6000.  If you used a 24v coin mech on accident, then you damaged the coin mech and you might trip the breaker. 

Only once did I have a breaker go bad. It was at the shop and it would not power on. Robbed one off a parts machine and sure enough it was the culprit. Mine was on a LCM but I used one off a AP 320. 

Archived