Pairing motors

TKK

Hi guys so on the new black diamond machines we removed a candy tray by taking off the dividers and pairing 40 to 41, 41 to 42 etc. Work great. I got 10 that were silver color in the front and those both candy trays the spirals all face the same way instead of the selections working opposite. Say 40 turns clockwise then 41 does too instead of one counter clockwise as all dual coil chip selections do. How can i fix that do i need new motors or new spirals?

Lastly i have an older 5 wide with a big blue display i thought it would pair the same as the newer ones. I go to pair menu and i dont know what to do from there. It says pair on the screen w blue big letters but i click enter or click most buttons and it does nothing. How do you pair on those machines???

Thanks in advance!

If all the spirals are turning in the same direction then no, you can't pair them without buying motors and spirals that turn the other way, if they have some for it that do.  Even if you could get a motor to turn either way, which none do, the spiral has to be made for the direction it will be used in. DOH!

As usual, on the SMIV machine with the blue display, PLEASE download the manual and READ IT for pairing instructions.  If this is difficult on your phone then GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE and use a computer.

So i just noticed you can still pair them allthough they spin the same way the product drops like normal! Especially with ivend!

Az u got the manual link? 

The older blue display is not a new one. Its the previous version with bigger dark blue letters not turquoise. 

Will the product be fine with both spirals turning the same way paired? I vended 10 items all worked it just looks weird

Post the actual model number then.  Or go to Vendnetusa.com and scroll through the manuals to find yours.  Don't you ever do that yourself or are you just averse to using manuals to look up how your machines work?

Dude chill out if you dont know how to pair it then by all means dont help. I dont need someone telling me to look up manuals, i already did and it doesnt help it says that u can remove a motor and spiral and use only one spiral in the big space to vend bigger items, and thats not pairing. Thats removing rows and using single spirals to vend. THAT IS ALL IT SAYS IN THE MANUAL RANDY. So if you dont know how to do it then stop with the google it choir or look for manuals. Why have a thread then if your only going to tell people to google or find manuals. We post because most of us have alot of experience with vending and can help without telling people to find manuals. If you knew it would be easier saying press service, then 0 then 7 etc, rather than 5 useless posts about how manuals explain this. Must be hot as heck in Pheonix hu?

AZ often does a great job coming off rude and or condensending. He is great with advice and very knowledgeable but not the greatest in the customer service department I suppose. That was an unnecessary reply to your questions. He's stuck in the 90s :) We 'younger' 'generation' xyz or whatever are a disappointment to him lol.

Dude, if the manual doesn't have any pairing instructions in it then pairing can't be done.  You can't make it happen just because you want to.  You are always known for asking simple questions that any manual would have in it so to me you're known as someone who never looks at a manual though I've never seen evidence to the contrary.  I am a manual man that never asks a question before reading the instructions.  I'm not trying to be rude but to wake you up to reading up on things first, that's all.

The machine goes into a service mode that says PAIR. I thought you would know this well. The manual says pairing but says to remove a motor and spiral which makes it a single motor. I messed w it and it says pair in blue letters. 

The other thing about this could simply be that the pairing that the manual refers to is to give you the ability to vend two selections in different parts of the machine at the same time in a combo kind of way.  Many machines over the years have had this capability and it was never intended to run two adjacent motors in opposite directions, just to give a combo sale bonus if the operator wished to.  Unless USI has motors that run backwards for this model then you can't do what you want.  USI often did just say that to vend larger items from smaller spirals that the only adjustment was to remove or move a divider, remove a motor and try to center the small spiral in the wider space created.  This is a half-golpher way to do it but it was the USI way.  

Archived