Dixie Narco Bottle Drop DN5591 Keypad Entries Do Not Respond

fhamann

I have a Dixie Narco bottle drop glass front drink machine model DN5591 with the following problem.  It has been working fine for at least a year.  Today it was not working.  When I pressed any key on the key pad to make a selection, it would beep but would not display the number or letter I pushed.  The "welcome" message "Have a drink today" continued to be displayed.  When I put in a bill, the bill would go in, but come back rejected.  When I opened the machine and entered the service mode by pressing the service button, it would say "service mode" but when I pushed any key on the keypad, it would select the function for keypad button 1 only.

Does this sound like a bad keypad or a bad control board?  Any other ideas?

thanks for your help,

Regards,

Frank Hamann

Orange, CA

Just for reference, here are two photos of the keypad.  It comes in 2 parts.

DN5591 Keypad.jpg

DN5591 Keypad part 2.jpg

I'd think keypad or keypad connector cable. I've had keys not respond and uplugging/ reconnecting the keypad cable has cured it.

The fact  that any key is interpreted as '1' isn't something I've had though. That sounds more like a short between some keys/tracks. Check the cable under the clip on the door to see if there is any exposed wires. The other thing might be if somehow water has found it's way into the keypad. If so the only way to fix will be replace the membrane ( the second photo) and possibly the pad (first photo) if it has allowed water through. 

try the keypad first, they go bad sometimes, the control boards are not cheap, the display is not connected to the keypad directly, but through the board, check ebay, but make sure they send you a working one, had to order 2 until I got a working one

6 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

try the keypad first, they go bad sometimes, the control boards are not cheap, the display is not connected to the keypad directly, but through the board, check ebay, but make sure they send you a working one, had to order 2 until I got a working one

That's because you are using Fleabay on the cheap instead of using a trusted source for parts such as me.

Archived