Picking up dropped vendor

orsd

Well, I finally did it.

Was shuffling a scrap 501E around my shop on a Dutro when I leaned it back too far and dropped it on its back, dolly and all.

Anyone know how to get it back up again? I have only one other guy that can help me.

The last two machines I dropped I was alone. I used a lever and some blocks to slowly raise it up. Each time I put a block under it, I levered it up onto a higher block. 4"x4" blocks of wood work good. When I finally got it up to where I could get a good solid grip on it I just dead lifted it up to a standing position. Use extreme caution!

Block and lift like the others advised

Save up for one of these, they are well worth it if you move or work on a lot of equipment

Safe too.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/material-handling/hand-trucks-dollies/hand-trucks-appliance-stair-climbing/wesco-hd-appliance-truck-1800-lb-cap-72in-h-auto-rewin-d-ratchet?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxaGStKbt1QIVE7bACh2-gAuNEAYYBCABEgLUHfD_BwE

Not shilling for global, just showing for reference

Around the shop the machine should have been on a pallet jack and when you park the machine put 2 4x4 under the machine.

Is there soda in the machine?

After you get it upright do not turn on the refer unit for 12 hours to avoid damage.

walta

On 8/23/2017 at 4:57 AM, SCOTT1963 said:

Block and lift like the others advised

Save up for one of these, they are well worth it if you move or work on a lot of equipment

Safe too.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/material-handling/hand-trucks-dollies/hand-trucks-appliance-stair-climbing/wesco-hd-appliance-truck-1800-lb-cap-72in-h-auto-rewin-d-ratchet?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxaGStKbt1QIVE7bACh2-gAuNEAYYBCABEgLUHfD_BwE

Not shilling for global, just showing for reference

Is is better than a Dutro? If it is I may just start saving up for one.

On 8/23/2017 at 7:17 PM, Walta said:

Around the shop the machine should have been on a pallet jack and when you park the machine put 2 4x4 under the machine.

Is there soda in the machine?

After you get it upright do not turn on the refer unit for 12 hours to avoid damage.

walta

My shop ain't too big, I wish I could have a pallet jack but the Dutro works much better in cramped spaces.

No soda, no refrig deck, hell it ain't even got a door, but noted for the future.

39 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

A Dutro Brawny Brute is the best vending dolly. Get it with the overhead hook to get the most leverage for pulling a machine over. 

That's the exact dolly that I have pinned under the machine in question.

Then if you had the rear wheels out your machine is now going downhill, top first.  This makes it even more difficult to lift.  You mentioned that it's without a cooling deck or the door so why not just roll it off the dolly to get it off the precarious position it's in now.  It will be much easier to lift that way and it's even lighter than we all thought without those parts on it.

Archived