AP 123 issue

cvending

This has happened to me three times in the last two weeks. The machine goes into a lockout mode where it will except money credit the money but not let you make a selection until you open and close the door. You do not lose any money. The keypad just will not work after inserting the money. Any ideas?  It will return the correct amount of money inserted. I'm using a Mars VN Series validator/ MDB and a Mars cash flow coin Mech

OK. Today as I arrived the machine acted the same way. Accepts cash and credits corrrct amount but the selection keypad is inoperable. Today I had to reboot machine to get it to come back. Door switch OHMs out. As OK. I am guessing either the cable from the keypad or the board itself. 

I have had to replace a few keypad harnesses. If you can recreate the problem, without touching the machine, unplug it from the wall for a few seconds, then plug back in. If the keypad responds after that, then it's probably the board. Check that your flash chip (the one just under the battery) is version 5.24 or 5.28

Thaanks for the ideas. Next time it happens I will check it.  As for the chip, when we originally installed card readers we had to repalce the Ver 5.28 with 5.24.  They would not work with the newer version.

THANKS AGAIN

11 hours ago, AngryChris said:

LOL

You have to see things from my scale. When I came here 8 years ago, my first goal was to get as many machines DEXing as possible. That involved 500 Crane EPROMs and 250 A/P 110 series EPROMS. We went from 20% DEX to 75%, and now sit around 95%.  

The raw DEX data is used by Streamware and Lightspeed to compute the product sales for prekitting. We also look at the raw DEX for cash accountability. Coins to tubes, coins to cash box, bills to stacker, etc. We can also see the space-to-sales settings in the machine programming, and some machines report door openings. So, to answer your question, we don't use the USAT reporting, we crunch a lot more detail.

Do you know if that applies to a royal 650 with eprom 41.04?  I have two that do not report cash sales but also have no dex plug. On the other hand, a national 157 seems to report cash sales without being plugged in.

The data for the USAT reports is gathered through the MDB connection. USAT can choose what fields to collect, but some machines do not supply all of the data either. There are some Royal machines that do not report cash sales to MDB, as well as some Royals do not provide cashless sales through the DEX. 

To my knowledge, USAT does not parse any DEX data. They give the owners of the readers access to to DEX reads, or will push the data to your VMS. 

Archived