Bill Validator (Upgrade Help)

Sodaman32

So, I appreciate all your guys help.

I have a Coinco MAG50B bill acceptor validator mdb 24 volt 117 volt and I keep getting dollar bill jams. 

Here is my question....so I have a refurbished MAG50B

Do I have to keep buying the same kind or can I upgrade and purchase a Brand New one? If so what do I need to make sure about when selecting the new one?

Any suggestions on the Bill Validator. I only accept 1.00 and the machine is a Dixie Narco 501E

Thanks Again

As a disclosure, most 501E's are multiprice machines, but some are single-price.  Assuming your machine is multiprice (as most are), then any MDB validator will work.  You can confirm that it's MDB if it either has an SIID board, an MDB coin mech, or an MDB plug that connects to the validator harness.  The coinco MAG50B is capable of doing 110v or MDB.  More than likely, you have MDB and any MDB validator will work.  I prefer switching to mars but MAG's have worked mostly fine for me.  If you wanted to dish out a little more money, try to find a refurbished mars/mei 2502 or 2512 that is 2008 $5 ready, or a 2702 or 2712 for less than $200.  However, I don't know about all MAGs, but some Mags are capable of being upgraded to take $5's as well.

The MEI VN2502 & VN2512 went out of production 8 years ago. Its direct replacement is the MEI VN2702 which can be found used in the $175 range ($325 new), or another direct replacement is the Conlux CV-1012 which can be found new in the $275 range. 

Archived