Anyone buying machines straight from China?

duffbeerman

I have been looking around AliBaba and looking at the different machines on there, the key master and barber cut knock offs and the claw machines. I have been talking to them and the prices really don't look bad, shipping by sea takes about 35 days and costs about 500 to be delivered to a port thats about 3 hours away from me.

Has anyone bought any machines like this? If so how was your experience? And how has the machine held up?

If you have no experience with amusement equipment I can think of no better way to go broke than to buy a machine from an unknown Chinese supplier. Spend the money and get something from a known supplier selling through a distributor. They will have tech support and parts that you WILL need.

While i am new around this forum i am a current operator of about 4 years. I mainly do arcade and pinball but am branching out into some redemption type machines. I have seen a few members talk about the keymaster knock offs, and was just wondering if anyone has tried buying them direct and if so what their experience was.

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2017 at 7:52 AM, duffbeerman said:

I have been looking around AliBaba and looking at the different machines on there, the key master and barber cut knock offs and the claw machines. I have been talking to them and the prices really don't look bad, shipping by sea takes about 35 days and costs about 500 to be delivered to a port thats about 3 hours away from me.

Has anyone bought any machines like this? If so how was your experience? And how has the machine held up?

Almost every single import crane is made by one of 3 companies in china. Some distributes fight for contracts with those 3 companies. Its really not a big deal to order up a custom crane from china. The problem however, is in price. Larger companies get better prices becuase they have capitol for buying power. Purchasing less than a shipping container full of machines at a time is not going to save you any money. 

To get going you generally pay for a prototype to be manufactured. Then pay to have the prototype shipped by air from china to US. Your prototype will cost likely around 5k with air frieght etc. But once you get rolling if you can order a shipping container full at a time it begins to make more sense cost wise. Replacement parts should ordered also to have on hand and not depend on china for replacement. Machines will have to be ordered regularly to keep things going in china. The moment you stop paying for manufacturing it might be difficult to jump start again unless manufacture agrees to make stuff on an as needed basis. Good luck. FWIW 

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2017 at 9:52 AM, duffbeerman said:

the 500 is freight only,  There are other cost.

If you want to buy 10 or more,when I bring my next container in, you can get them for $1250 ea plus shipping costs from our NC location to your location.  They are 31" cranes, with 2 coin mechs, and are wired/ready for the ICT  A6  DBA.  I have over 200 of this model in use, and have sold several hundred to other operators. They are good machines. send me your name/contact info and we can talk about the details.  I imported 8 different cranes before I chose this model for our use. The stuff on Alibaba is a total crap shoot! I would not go that route.

Archived