Misvend problem DN 501 MPC

AngryChris

I have a 501 MPC that has a consistent misvend problem that I can't figure out.  The column is selection 2 (wide column) and the cam is set to be 3-deep.  I believe this was a green/yellow or green/white cam.  There are only 2 settings for this cam -- 3-deep or 2-deep.  When set for 3-deep, the column vends as follows:

(1) Vend, (2) Vend, (3) Vend, (4) Vend, (5) *double vend* (6) dry vend.  This happens every time I tested it.  The 5th vend was a double vend and the 6th vend was a dry vend.  Each time, the switch arm was properly set in the notch of the cam.  There is an identical setup on selection 3 and no one reported problems with that selection.  I don't know if the oscillator is bent or if there is something I am overlooking.  I don't think there is anything wrong with the switch or the motor.  I wonder if I have an oscillator that shouldn't be in there.

Any ideas?

On a side note, this is my last MPC and I will be removing it from my inventory hopefully within the next 18 months.

year so personally I hate the DN machines, they are supposed to be top of the line units, but all I see in the repair shops are the DN's, I'm extremely happy with ROYAL, and the cheap knock offs as everyone calls them, free tech support, never any issues, machines are cheap and easily replaceable, and run like champs! the last 2 units of DN501's I had were terrible, eating up $$$, many complaints, setup it supposedly easy, but you have to buy this and that, cost me $46 to convert from 20oz to 16oz! in one column! on a royal, its a simple pull out and put back in, and tech support is always happy to help!

sorry all you pros out there but if the DN machines are so great, why the heck are they in the shop?

4 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

sorry all you pros out there but if the DN machines are so great, why the heck are they in the shop?

Because millions more of them have been built than Royals.  Look in any shop and the percentage of DN to Royal is going to be the same as the number of DN sold compared to Royal.  DN has been around since the 70s and Royal started in about '88.  

Chris, you might have a bent side wall on that column from the years of pressure against it or the motor has skipped a tooth in the gearbox.  Try an additional thin shim on the mis-vending side of the column as long as it doesn't mess up the first vend from that side and as long as you don't have some funky shim on that side that is messing it up.  Otherwise change the motor and see if that fixes it.

8 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

year so personally I hate the DN machines, they are supposed to be top of the line units, but all I see in the repair shops are the DN's, I'm extremely happy with ROYAL, and the cheap knock offs as everyone calls them, free tech support, never any issues, machines are cheap and easily replaceable, and run like champs! the last 2 units of DN501's I had were terrible, eating up $$$, many complaints, setup it supposedly easy, but you have to buy this and that, cost me $46 to convert from 20oz to 16oz! in one column! on a royal, its a simple pull out and put back in, and tech support is always happy to help!

Because everyone and their cousins used DN and there are literally millions of them out there, some of which are absolutely beat to golpher and worn the golpher out.

Royal's main customer is Coke, and relatively few were sold off to independents. Most Royal GIIIs are sitting in Coke's shops, or are still in service or some older ones have been scrapped.

Archived