"Novice" help & advice would be greatly appreciated

Feign Brio

Hello everyone,
I am currently new to the Vending machine business. Just bought my first one, and right away made my first mistake. Purchased an older model and didn't realize the bill acceptor is not compatible. The original bill acceptor was BA32SA. Someone before me switched it out for a Ardac brand, it is not functioning. I believe the validator is missing. I'm already behind my schedule, trying to get this up and running asap. Thank you, appreciate your time and help.

Thanks everyone for the help. So what would be a good replacement for the bill acceptor? Original coinco model, or something else? I would like to eventually, sooner than later install a Card reader, after I can save up again from the sales. Like I said I'm new to all of this please forgive me. Thanks again ;D

It has an F80 board in it so you should have an MDB harness inside.  Check for a 6-pin plug inside the machine... If you have trouble finding it, look at the plug coming out of the coin mech.  if it has 6 pins then you likely have something like a 9302-GX coin mech which verifies that everything is hooked up for MDB.  If that's the case, any MDB validator will work.  I recommend getting a refurbished 2502/2512 or a 2702/2712 but a MAG32SA will work.

Just a note.. that machine should be able to install a card reader but I don't know if it will report dex sales.  That may not be important to you and I might be wrong, but all that means is that a credit card report from a company such as USA Technologies might only show daily card sales but not cash sales, which means that you won't know exactly how much money the machine is doing until you show up.  That only matters if you are trying to monitor it.  If you just want the card reader for card acceptance (in addition to cash acceptance), and no other reason such as telemetry, then having dex information is not important.

You got hosed if someone stuck an Ardac in it.  A typical scam for newbies to watch for.  If you need a good rebuilt validator you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.  I'm not on fleabay so my quality is guaranteed.

Archived