Freezing

crunchydog

It's around average, but I had an employee say it's warmer than the other one I have there, so I turned it up a quarter turn which put it to the limit. This unit was like brand new, it has been on location for a month now, but I have had it open a lot due to swapping validators and coin mech a couple times and service every three days, could this repeat open and close cause the freeze or is it low on freon ?

I've had 2 of my machines do this. The problem I had was the evaporator was lifted just enough that air was going under it instead of through the fins. It was an easy fix. I just used some aluminum duct tape and covered the void so the air would have to pull through the fins. Worked great on both machines.

If the evaporator is lifted up then something is screwy with the installation of it. 

On another note, if someone pulls a stacker cooing unit, heck, any cooling unit, in 5 mins then they are asking for damaged parts and kinked freon lines.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:43 PM, crunchydog said:

Okay I will call them Monday and have them check it out, what's an average service price to have it recharged as I have not had to do this yet.

Wondering the same.

Also, is it cheaper to pull the deck and bring it in for service instead of having someone come out, or not substantially?

1 minute ago, VAVending said:

Wondering the same.

Also, is it cheaper to pull the deck and bring it in for service instead of having someone come out, or not substantially?

I know for a fact that there is no one-size-fits-all answer.  I would say it is usually cheaper to take it out and bring it to someone but by how much is unknown.  It may not be worth your time to save $20.  The easiest way to find out is to call around to your local hvac companies or see if any vending service companies do it and just compare for yourself.  Every situation will be different unless you live right near another vendor.  

3 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I know for a fact that there is no one-size-fits-all answer.  I would say it is usually cheaper to take it out and bring it to someone but by how much is unknown.  It may not be worth your time to save $20.  The easiest way to find out is to call around to your local hvac companies or see if any vending service companies do it and just compare for yourself.  Every situation will be different unless you live right near another vendor.  

Okay, I’ll dust off the ole phone then.

Archived