Time sure does fly....

QuikVend

Just hit the 2 year mark on the vending adventure. What started off as something to earn a little extra money turned into an opportunity for a new career. I started off with a small route of 15 machines and making a few hundred dollars every couple of months, now I'm making quite a bit more than I was at my full-time job. I still have a couple part-time jobs that I occasionally work since they're flexible, but mostly just for some extra money. I'm up to 160 bulk locations and 13 full-line accounts, along with being a FCVG member. Pretty decent growth in 2 years. Now I want to grow even more! I want to be up to 350 bulk locations and 20 solid full-line accounts by the end of 2018. 

Anybody just starting out, take things slowly at first just to learn the ropes. With some patience and alot of effort you can grow your business and have fun working for yourself.

Congratulations i like to read all the good stories here its motivating . Im pretty new hitting a few months now. I got 21 locations 11 bulk and 10 Hb. I started with some Eagle machines i got on 5 miles. Enough parts to make two singles and two triples and parts to spare for 100 bucks. Im hoping by December to have 30 spots

Congrats man. I'm around the same time frame with only a fraction of the growth lol. I think i'm at around 70 bulk candy and 30 or so racks, my goal for this next year is to get hyper organized, simplify my operation, and maybe purchase two more routes. Hopefully we'll be a well oiled machine by the end of 2018, collecting cash and maintaining our routes. 

1 hour ago, BryanH said:

Congratulations i like to read all the good stories here its motivating . Im pretty new hitting a few months now. I got 21 locations 11 bulk and 10 Hb. I started with some Eagle machines i got on 5 miles. Enough parts to make two singles and two triples and parts to spare for 100 bucks. Im hoping by December to have 30 spots

Thank you. I've learned a lot along the way and still am. Once I realized I wanted to be much much bigger, I put all profits(and any extra money I had) into growing. I purchased a few more routes, hired locators and bought huge lots of equipment. 

30 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

Congrats man. I'm around the same time frame with only a fraction of the growth lol. I think i'm at around 70 bulk candy and 30 or so racks, my goal for this next year is to get hyper organized, simplify my operation, and maybe purchase two more routes. Hopefully we'll be a well oiled machine by the end of 2018, collecting cash and maintaining our routes. 

Lol, well if it wasn't for my out of town route that I bought you'd be larger. I'm still working on getting organized myself. Slowly but surely getting there. I'm hoping to have myself all set up by the end of this year to focus on growth only next year. 

5 hours ago, AMD Snacks said:

How did you find routes for sale?

8 minutes ago, BryanH said:

It's not an everyday thing is what I found out. And you might have to be willing to drive quite a distance, but they come up from time to time the same places you find used machines. Close 5, google, facebook marketplace etc. Also from old vendors, after a while if you can establish a good relationship, they might sell you part of their route that might be harder for them to get to, or that they're tired of servicing, or their whole route if they're ready to get out. 

4 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

It's not an everyday thing is what I found out. And you might have to be willing to drive quite a distance, but they come up from time to time the same places you find used machines. Close 5, google, facebook marketplace etc. Also from old vendors, after a while if you can establish a good relationship, they might sell you part of their route that might be harder for them to get to, or that they're tired of servicing, or their whole route if they're ready to get out. 

Have you ever tried just calling the numbers of the machines when you see them in a location?

But thanks i havent been on Facebook forever like years forever

4 hours ago, BryanH said:

I've purchased 3 bulk routes, an honor box route and a few full-line accounts since I've started. I've found all but one on Craigslist. The other is actually found here in the classified section. I've seen a few others, but usually they're priced ridiculously. Pretty much you'll need to search daily to find them. 

I've talked to someone who had a little success posting wanted ads for machines and routes. On Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. 

13 hours ago, QuikVend said:

I've purchased 3 bulk routes, an honor box route and a few full-line accounts since I've started. I've found all but one on Craigslist. The other is actually found here in the classified section. I've seen a few others, but usually they're priced ridiculously. Pretty much you'll need to search daily to find them. 

I've talked to someone who had a little success posting wanted ads for machines and routes. On Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. 

Facebook marketplace is sick looked there first time yesterday. I have seen better deals there than anywhere else. Northwestern triple 100 bucks northwestern single peanut machine 25. Im doing my collection this week and i might get them

Yea, I've found some excellent deals there. Picked up close to 200 northwestern and a&a machines along with about 75 stands for 2500. And about 75 of those a&a were brand be still in their packaging. Is also where I found my latest deal with 300 northwesterns and 100 stands. 

On 10/25/2017 at 8:09 AM, QuikVend said:

Yea, I've found some excellent deals there. Picked up close to 200 northwestern and a&a machines along with about 75 stands for 2500. And about 75 of those a&a were brand be still in their packaging. Is also where I found my latest deal with 300 northwesterns and 100 stands. 

I found 30 AAs at a thrift store from FB without stands but 10 a piece but you can get cheaper if buy in bulk. But they are used

Archived