CO 2 cooling decks

57thTom

The technition was putting selection buttons on the DN 501 E this afternoon and he told me that Coke and Pepsi machines come with CO 2 or propane cooling decks now. He is from the local Canteen franchise, so he would know.

Has anyone else heard of that? Won't that make life difficult for independent vending operators in a few years?

It's quite convenient for the refrigerant mfg's actually.

Every 20 years it seems like the current refrigerant is found to be raping the earth.

Coincidentally, patents last 20 years.

And there is always a new refrigerant that will save all the harp seals, but it just so happens to be patented, like R 1234yf.

It also seems like the decks go bad faster and faster and the refrigerant is less and less effective.  I don't know if that applies to co2.  Fortunately, it's completely non-toxic so, assuming it's pure co2, I would like to believe that it will theoretically become cheaper to service and recharge but I literally don't know golpher.

• 2 weeks later...

Why?

Co2 decks are less reliable than regular R134 decks.

You cannot retrofit R290 (propane) in a machine not built for it, as they have special features to prevent propane explosions. If the deck explodes your golpher is toast legally.

Archived