(Possibly) Basic Machine Problems that I'm Wondering about?

Hi all!

I have a few machine with issues I was hoping to get some insight on!

One is an FSI3132... the machine works great except literally HALF of the selections don't work. I bought it this way and none of the other selections have gone bad since I bought it a year ago.... Any ideas? 

The other, I don't even have a  model for it... it's an old Vendo Can 1 Price...6 select...cold drinks logo on front... front of machine is flat, not round. This one went through 2 bill acceptors in about a month. I'm hesitant to put another one on....? The account is no good, nice people though. They are okay with just change, but of course I would like to 1) explore options for them for an acceptor and 2)understand the issue! 

yah,

"literally half", is there a pattern? All odd work, all even, every second shelf?

It could be as simple as a bad keypad, could be pinched or broken shelf wiring. In the worst case Could be a board but unlikely - I've just gone through a machine that had a board that drove shelf 6 in combination with any other selection (A1 =A1+F1, B3=B3+F3, etc...checked all the wiring ended up  being a board error) so you can never rule anything out.

I was taught early on that if you unplug the mech or bill acceptor without first killing power to the machine can cause problems on the mech & validator.  If you have ever done that you can see that little arch when you plug it in.  Makes sense that it could jolt the board.  It just takes a second longer to unplug or turn off the power to the door before you work on those.  

Any error codes on the 3132? If you do a motor count does it pick up all of them?  I had one similar that the wires were dangling in the back & when the customer would roll the shelf into place it eventually cut some of the wires.  

• Thanks 1