Crane cooled machine coils not right

Javaman

Hi I have a Crane machine that is cooled and the “coils” that vend the products are oriented in the wrong position for vending properly. They are open ended coils.  Is there any way to “set” the coils in a certain orientation,,,,like have them move 1/4 or 1/2 rotation to get them the way I want?  When I do a simple test cycle the coils return to same position all the time and not correct for the product being vended.  Thee must Ben a mode in the menus to set this?

thanks

Javaman

I don’t have the model number but it is a snack center and the two spirals are coupled on the row but are not in the correct orientation.  The spiral should be open end down but are “up”.  So 180degrees out of phase.

It sounds like they were not installed properly. You can remove the spiral hub from each motor.  Then reinsert the hub at the position you desire. If you are using dual spirals you will need to be sure to mesh the gears of the 2 motors.

Maybe you had some electromagnetic interference that caused the logic board to slightly move the motors.   This would be caused by a bad or failing florescent lamp in or near the machine such as in the ceiling.  It could also be caused by low voltage such as a brownout or too much current draw on the circuit.

Archived