Crane 462

On 6/19/2018 at 4:38 PM, Magiccity726 said:

I have a crane national 462. I have a TRC 6000 as the coin mech. Display says CPL error and then fault test. When I press the white button display says ready but won’t stop beeping. What is wrong here? Thank you

I had a national 474 or 484 (whatever is based off of a National 147/148) that said pretty much the same thing.  The issue was with the board and replacing the board solved the problem.

I fixed the error and everything seemed to be working. However, I went back to location today & machine isn’t taking coins every time. At one point it started accepting dimes and it is dispensing quarters. So I’m thinking something is wrong with the coin mech. Then I also noticed after testing machine many times that sometimes it will take a dollar bill and the display will still read “Ready” but won’t register the dollar. What could this be? Thanks 

If you have a 4 or 5 tube mech then you may need to reprogram your cassette to the right configuration. You should also use the Tube Fill mode after emptying the mech so the mach can count the coins going into the tubes. This is for all MDB mech.

10 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

If you have a 4 or 5 tube mech then you may need to reprogram your cassette to the right configuration. You should also use the Tube Fill mode after emptying the mech so the mach can count the coins going into the tubes. This is for all MDB mech.

It’s a 3 tube trc 6000. 

Not necessarily.  It could be the validator or the harness too.  I suppose it could also be the coin mech.  I had called crane, ram cleared the cpl error, and got everything good until restarting the machine.  The board kept reverting to a snack machine when it needed to be a combo.  The fact that it couldn't retain the setting meant the board needed repaired.

Is this a good location?

3 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Not necessarily.  It could be the validator or the harness too.  I suppose it could also be the coin mech.  I had called crane, ram cleared the cpl error, and got everything good until restarting the machine.  The board kept reverting to a snack machine when it needed to be a combo.  The fact that it couldn't retain the setting meant the board needed repaired.

Is this a good location?

Just installed 7 days ago and owners are picky. It is definitely a good location based off the first week. Problem must be fixed by Monday. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Magiccity726 said:

Yes it was

Then change them out and see if the problem goes away.  Also make sure the validator harness didn't get loose or disconnected somewhere.  Some data harnesses (for mars vn) can be installed backwards if they were manufactured wrong or missing the tab on one side.  However, this wouldn't be an issue if it was working fine and you didn't mess with the harness.

Worst case scenario, i'd say you should either swap the machine or order an inone board.  What is the 462? Is it like a refrigerated snack? Combo? Something else?

So it's basically a 147 or 148?  I think the only "conversion" would be removing the refrigeration deck and changing a setting on the board.  It probably had a small board too but it should be disabled if not removed.

In either case, an inone board should get you fixed quickly without having to convert to mdb right away. That's if changing the validator (and/or the mech) doesn't fix it.  I'm thinking a harness came loose though.

Archived