Refridgerated M and M machines

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 selections/small bars (right?) is the machine free? Where I live  this would be a ticket to no-where, you would never make enough $$ if you had to pay for it.

I like the refrigeration, built like a Brick S.H bit it would survive a good kicking with no problems.  Looks like the offspring of a pop/cigarette machine.

• 7 months later...

does anyone else have any imput on this type of machine?I haven`t bought one yet and I still want one.do they still sell them new?I have seen a v669 model and a 700 something model what is the differance?whats it generally worth used in good condition?

soda machines will freeze the soda if filled more then half full in winter is it safe to assume that candy will melt in the summer if filled more then half?

thanks for any help.

On the M&M machines.  I only have one experience with these units.  We put them outside the stadiums in Cincinnati,  They played baseball in the summer and football in the winter so we had constant use and they did very well with very little problems.  We had them protected of course with cages.  Can't really report any problems with them but you need to have them in a high profile location as always...once the stadium concessions company noticed we were making money they bought out our business. But it was good for a few years.

For those of you living the hot environments like Florida, these machines will make your account happy if they want some choc and you can find them fairly cheap on eBay or Craig's list.

Blue Moose

I have been thinking about getting it for a while now as you can see by the date this topic was started.poplady could you tell me your opinion if I am correct with my reasoning?I have only seen 1 such machine out in a mall almost an hour away.no one else has one.I think it`ll be somewhat of a novelty around here.I plan on putting it caddy corner from a school.I own the empty building where it will be placed at.(outside the building).I am of the opinion that it being something most people havent seen I am better off waiting till the begining of march when it starts getting warm to buy it then now.more kids will be walking home from school and the newness of this machine will sell more in march then now.I fell I `ll have a better initial response in march then now.does that make any sense?do u agree disagree?thanks!

also besides pmm and reeses p butter cups,and snickers,what do u feel will sell well?

Those are 3 top sellers right there.  I know those gummy things and worms really sell well but I am not sure they will vend in that machine.  Just ask on this board what is the top selling candy for kids today and everyone will send in some interesting items.  If your machine is close to a school it should do very well!  You know kids can spot a vending machine out in a corn field so I don't think they will have any trouble finding it.  Has your local school system taken out all of the snacks and replaced it with the healthy required snacks?  If so, your machine should do very well....they will find it.

Blue Moose

I have tracked a machine down close to chicago for $900,not the cheapest I have seen them but it is still on location working.I asked my usual trick question:how many times a year does the machine require freon, and he said it has never needed it in the 2 years he had it.so most likely it is a good machine.

my question now to ALL YOU FULL TIME VENDORS can I lay the machine on its back in my truck for transport and then wait 24hours to plug it in like a fridge or a freezer?

thanks again all.I cant wait to get this machine!

The design of the machine was never intended for the machine to have the weight of the interior on the back or sides. That being said, I have seen it done many times with little or no damage.

Would I do it? Sure why not. Can I recommend it, no.

I have moved smaller can machines like that but not such a big one.I am pretty confident it`ll have very little damage if I have terrible luck but as you say technivend it probably wont.I wasnt worried as much as the structure of the machine but rather the compresser and other internals.

just for clarification the oil in the compressoer goes where if the machine isn`t standing up?wouldn`t it go straight down if the machine was put upright again?why the need to wait?

In an AC system (thats what a refrigerator really is, works the same way) the freon and oil mix together. You want some in one place, but not in the other (to keep it simple). If you mix it all up, you need to wait for it to go back to the correct places! Thats the simple explanation.

Merc

I have moved smaller can machines like that but not such a big one.I am pretty confident it`ll have very little damage if I have terrible luck but as you say technivend it probably wont.I wasnt worried as much as the structure of the machine but rather the compresser and other internals.

just for clarification the oil in the compressoer goes where if the machine isn`t standing up?wouldn`t it go straight down if the machine was put upright again?why the need to wait?

antoniocinisi wrote:

{Snip}  The problem is getting the candy to the machine before it melts.{Snip}

Crazy idea.  What if you threw the candy in the freezer before taking it out there?  After a day at 60 degrees, it should be thawed enough.

Archived