Refridgerated M and M machines

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a 5 day or 7 day cooler from sams club. Use a couple of blue ice packs and your good to go all day. You don't have to keep it cool, just stop it from getting hot.

Now I use an upright freezer that does not work. I gutted the compressor from it to make it just a bit lighter, and keep all my chocolate in that. You can get one for free on craigslist. Since my truck is air conditioned while its parked, I don't put any blue ice in it unless its over ~ 95 deg.

JD

Call Budget or Enterprise, rent a truck with a lift for the day.  Money well spent, plus you will be safe too.  Tell the seller you will buy the machine less the cost of renting a truck.

Blue Moose

well the machine is on location and works well.I loaded 2 of the items in wrong but quickly fixed the problem.it came with some stock so that was great.I cant find the thermastat though.I dont think it needs adjusment but I like to tinker w my new toy.that way I`ll know where it`s at if I need it this summer.I was in a hurry when I looked.

now starts the long journey makeing the money back.I know I wont be complaining about buying bulk candy anymore,I spent 200 bucks to barely get it going,I will need triple that to fill I`m sure.

1.00 for each item.I know a little on the high side but the 70 cent items at the gas station arent chilled.there is a big price sicker that say 1.00 on it so why change it me thinks.ONCE APRIL comes around people wont mind paying the extra money I hope.what do you think mxer?

I was going to say price the stuff at 1.00, that is right on par with what I was thinking. Considering that a lot of vendors are now getting 1.25 for a candy bar out of a snack machine 1.00 for chilled candy is a deal.

I was going to say price the stuff at 1.00, that is right on par with what I was thinking. Considering that a lot of vendors are now getting 1.25 for a candy bar out of a snack machine 1.00 for chilled candy is a deal.

not all the selections are candy bars,some are the small bags of candy.pmm and p butter mm and skittles also sell for the same price,so I guess it averages out.around here $1.00 is a little high for a candy bar.they are around 70-75 cents at the gas station,but they aren`t chilled.

if I need to I can change the prices.not all selections have to be the same price.

I might have to wait till spring to get a clearer picture.I will post updates every few weeks or so.

You should do just fine with that machine, especially if it is near a school, Kids that age typically like fruity and sour thing. I have found all types of skittles to do great, one kid told me at a school they like them because they last longer and are easier to get away eating in class verses a big candy bar.

once I figure it out I will try swiching candies to see what does better.I might add original skittles,and take out regular m and m.based on my experiance with bulk(if it applies)out of all selections I have m and m  might be the slowest mover.

1.00 for each item.I know a little on the high side but the 70 cent items at the gas station arent chilled.there is a big price sicker that say 1.00 on it so why change it me thinks.ONCE APRIL comes around people wont mind paying the extra money I hope.what do you think mxer?

.70 for a candy bar at the gas station? what a deal, around here they are all at .99 - 1.09 plus tax for regular size bars and candy.

same for me here in upstate ny

well I went to the gas station to check and it seems you guys are right.the rolo are 89 plus tax and everything else is 99 plus tax.I feel relieved that my prices are a few cents cheaper and not more expensive like I thought.

once the machine pays for itself I will raise it to $1.25,right now I`d rather make it up in volume. also no commission helps.

Antonio,

Just my two cents worth.  ;)  what I do to get a feel for what will sell good and what won't, is I go and get 4-5 candy bars, mm, skittles etc.  If the product doesn't sell out within 2 weeks,  then your only out a couple dollars and only have to "dispose" of 4-5 items. 

if they sell out 10-14 days then I will do the 4-5 again...

If they sell out within 7days or less, I'm flying to Sam's Club to buy a couple cases of them.

Again,

this is what I do, to get a feel for whats hot and whats not. 

Also since being close to a school try all the different varieties of skittles!

• 3 weeks later...

technivend:my pepsi tech went thru the machine.he called the 2 switch set up "mickey mouse" and agrees that most likely that one of my issue(s) is in there.

he couldn`t cycle into a certain area of the service menu because it needed a code we didnt have.he could cycle thru the price change and everything else . the vendos speak a differant language then the dixie narco I guess and thats all he works on.he was able to figure out that sometimes the dbv wouldnt reconize the coin mech was there,it wouldn`t take quarters and  the dbv wouldn`t give credits for the dollar.the coin mech had gotten wet so he claimed it may need one of those,perhaps even a new board.when it was malfunctioning it wouldn`t display the price if you pressed a selection.I couldn`t memorize everything as it was freakin cold this morning and I was hopeing he`d wave his magic wand and fix the darn thing instead of trying everything he could think of!!

it seems they don`t make this machine new anymore correct?

One suggestion I could give you is to get the Big Kat bars, they are shaped like a snickers bar which is designed to fit into the machines better, regular Kit-Kat bars never worked well in some of my machines, plus these other ones are the same price/QTY and seem to sell a lot better..

• 1 month later...

That's good news that it is performing now with the colder weather, should see a decent spike once the weather breaks.

yeah the location is very good.I am going to put the kiosk I have been talking about doing up very soon.

@technivend:sometimes this vendo refridgerated machine will take a dollar but wont allow any more money in nor give a refund,do you know what could be wrong?

A machine may not pay back a dollar or the change in a machine if it is set on forced vend. This is so the customer cannot use the machine as a bill changer. When this option is set it usually requires the customer to make one attempt at buying something. This can get a little weird with a multiprice machine when you have prices over a dollar and under a dollar in the same machine.

For example:

You have prices set at $1.25 and .95 in the machine. The customer wants the $1.25 item but it is sold out. Unknowingly the customer puts in a dollar bill and then tries to put in quarter and it is not accepted and they cannot get their money back, service call and upset customer. What may be happening is that the machine knows that the $1.25 item is sold out yet the .95 item is not. Therefore the machine will accept the dollar for the .95 vend but not allow any more money to be inserted because why would you need to? $1.00 will satisfy the vend price.

I would try to shut off the forced vend and see if this eliminates your problem.

Archived