Maka NB-1KB-400 bill validator

Hello All

I saw an older post regarding the old metal Maka bill acceptors and some folks suggesting to try cleaning and/or replacing the belts.  Another guy said it could be a bent mouthpiece.  is the Mouthpiece the metal tab things that are located a 1/2 inch or so up from the opening?  Also wondering....I'm thinking of just trying a new belt kit.  I ordered a replacement bill acceptor, but it didn't seem like our machine was outputting power through the 12pt harness.  Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not it's still worth trying to repair these?  

Not knowing what machine you have the answer is still the same, replace the old Maka for something newer (MEI 2501) that will work well into the future.  None of the repair facilities that I know of still repairs these units nor even carry parts for them. 

49 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

Haha, thanks, that's exactly what I need.  We are actually selling this machine and if a belt replacement will get it to where it needs to be, it could work for another couple of years, right?  I did actually try an MEI 2501, but like I said, for whatever reason, it was not turning on when connected.  I think I need to stick with the connection as shown in the link above for now

Hi...there's really not much I can tell you.  There was just no power at all.  I thought about taking my multimeter over there at some point to see if the mech is even outputting power.  Any advice/ideas are always appreciated, thank you

3 minutes ago, orsd said:

Can you elaborate on the 2501 issue? Also, was it a known good validator? I say this because getting the 2501 working is a much better option and will bring more when it’s time to sell.

Oh sorry,and to answer your question,yes,it was known to be good -at least as far as I was told by the seller.  I don't have another machine to test it on

Ok, so what symptoms is the old maka exhibiting? Is it getting power? Because if the Maka shows no signs of life at all it may be the wiring in the machine.

Edited by orsd
  • Like 1

I have no issues with upgrading the 120 v maka usually, but the 24 volt units are another story... ordered some "24 Volt" maka to mars conversion harnesses, they came in with the 120 volt maka connectors, when I checked with the seller I was told the 24 v connectors are not made anymore and "just force it together".  So far that has not worked for me... at this point I am thinking I need to just replace the machines so that I can add cashless anyway.

FYI for anyone who cares, GS Vending Repair in Orlando will still work on the Maka's, although parts can be scarce...

6 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

I have no issues with upgrading the 120 v maka usually, but the 24 volt units are another story... ordered some "24 Volt" maka to mars conversion harnesses, they came in with the 120 volt maka connectors, when I checked with the seller I was told the 24 v connectors are not made anymore and "just force it together".  So far that has not worked for me... at this point I am thinking I need to just replace the machines so that I can add cashless anyway.

FYI for anyone who cares, GS Vending Repair in Orlando will still work on the Maka's, although parts can be scarce...

Interesting, thanks!  If someone else is still repairing them, then there's no reason for me not to try!  Thanks to someone for putting that nice video on YouTube showing how to change those out.  Without that, I wouldn't be trying anything