Getting a Business Delivery Address

I have been in vending for a few years but have been running out of my home (no business address).  I talked with someone at Coke/Pepsi about their machines and they only delivery drinks orders to a business address.

How would I get a business address that they can deliver product to without leasing a commercial space?  I want to avoid renting out a commercial space as long as possible until I am big enough to make full use of it.  Thanks.

You get a business address by having a physical location.  They need a business address because that means they will be delivering to a business location.  They usually won't deliver to residential areas because they don't want the trucks to get stuck and they don't want to deal with zoning issues.  It's not like you can have a fake business address and they'll deliver to your house.

Your options are to get a commercial place (a storage unit MIGHT work), even if it's a small office, you can piggy back off of another business and use their location, or you can try to schedule to meet with the driver at set days/times and locations so you can get it straight off the truck IF they will allow that.

In reality, the easiest and cheapest way will be to piggyback off of someone who won't mind signing for the delivery, otherwise you'll have to be there when the delivery comes.

I rented a storage unit for several years and had no problems getting deliveries there by "key drop"; the unit had a combination lock and the drivers were given the combo.  You need to pick a storage facility that has easy truck access, no main gate is best.  At mine the trucks could pull straight thru and did not have to back in or out.  If I needed to leave a check I would put it on a clipboard in an obvious place inside the unit.  When I got snack deliveries I would pick them up and move them home to avoid attracting rodents, but drinks stayed right in the unit until needed.  Also gave me room to store a machine or two as needed.  Worked out pretty well and not too expensive (no utilities in the unit).

Archived