Apartment Complexes?

Big apartment/townhouse complexes are being constructed in my area. Most have a central lobby area and a few have a pool/exercise area. Does anyone have experience with these types of locations? If so, what results have you had?  Who are the decision makers for these types of locations?  Should the machines be outside or in the lobby area for best results, etc...

Any insight would be appreciated. 

It depends on the types of tenants they are catering to.  I have a complex that rents to college students and does pretty well with glass front machines inside the clubhouses, about 80 -90 % cashless sales there.  Complexes with older residents are not likely to do as well.  Rent assisted complexes may do well but security might be an issue.  Being near the amenities is important as that is where the impulse buying will take place.   

I have a couple low-income apartments (usually disabled and older people on fixed income) and the smaller one does about $60/week from snacks+soda and the larger one (I think it has about 70-100 units) does $65/week from snacks alone.  I only got these complexes because they were part of package deals.  Otherwise, I wouldn't bother looking for them.  They haven't been bad for me, just not worth investing nicer equipment into.

We have never had any luck with your basic apartment complex but, as others have said, the low income housing can do pretty good. We have 6 I think, with the slowest doing $100 a week and the highest doing around $400 a week. All are snack and drink. Just listen to Allen's advice about the locks