Shocking machines:

Apple Leisure

Here's a weird one, at least to me.   While closing this drink machine I discovered that if I touch the rivet on it with my right fingertip and have the back of my right hand touching the snack machine there is a continuous electric pulse running through my hand and wrist.  It's pretty specific to a particular rivet (I think) and regarding the placement of the back of my right hand, but it is definitely there, and definitely repeatable.  It's that tingling sensation, like if you touched a plug in the wall that was drawing current.

Thoughts?

shock.jpg

Check all the grounds in the soda machine. DN machines have green ground wires between the coin mech door and the main door, inner door and the main door, main door to cabinet, from the main power harness to the cabinet and from the evaporator motor to the cabinet. Various harnesses can also be grounded such as the light circuit.  Don't overlook the power plug in the wall - not just the ground pin but also is the outlet properly grounded with no leakage to ground.  While it could be from the snack it's more likely from the soda machine.

10 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Check all the grounds in the soda machine. DN machines have green ground wires between the coin mech door and the main door, inner door and the main door, main door to cabinet, from the main power harness to the cabinet and from the evaporator motor to the cabinet. Various harnesses can also be grounded such as the light circuit.  Don't overlook the power plug in the wall - not just the ground pin but also is the outlet properly grounded with no leakage to ground.  While it could be from the snack it's more likely from the soda machine.

Thanks.  Is this a hazard the way it is in your opinion?

Is the rivet that shocks you the only one with damaged/no paint/bare metal? If so it might be because the paint is insulating. In any case take a voltmeter and probe that rivet (other probe should be in the ground of an outlet). And the snack machine as well, should be voltage on whatever machine has the issue.