LCM3 w. Revision Door, spiral not at right spot

candmvend

Like title says I can start a vend then turn off power to "reset" spiral to right resting spot, but next day it's off again.  Tried only loading it up about half way (its a candy spot) to see if less of a load would cure it...but same thing.  Bad motor, switch, or what?

Thanks, I'll try to check that when I'm back there tomorrow.

It was working fine and has just in the last week or so started doing this.  I know it used to get one of the spirals "off" sometimes but I'd insert money, make selection, and kill power switch when it got back near home position.  So yes it does have the drop sensor activated because it used to pause, then cycle on around.  Maybe we've pulled a wire loose to the door sensor.

I think I use option 4 on the drop sensor and "yes" to home if I'm not mistaken.  If I'm right, option 4 makes a full turn and up to 3 jogs before refunding money and "yes" to homing activates all motors to home when the door is open. Does the LCM even have a door switch though?

I'm not thinking it does either.  I'm under the impression that the original board was never designed to use a door switch.  In that case, the homing option wouldn't make a difference.

In that case, I think you'll have to choose a different drop sensor option if you really want them to all be homed.  The only thing I would be worried about is that, if you choose the option to do a complete rotation each time, in the event that a product fails to vend the first vend (because it's barely stuck), the customer will likely end up getting two products for the price of one.

Does it only bother you for aesthetic purposes?  As others mentioned, it's probably just stopping once the drop sensor is triggered and not any kind of problem (you didn't mention anything else).  If it "just started to happen", then my real guess would be that you (or a driver) loaded a new product or loaded something a different way and it's getting hung up whereas it didn't before.