N2G4000 not accepting coin/cash

VendMomma

We purchased 5 working machines from someone. He had a machine in his garage that was taken apart. He said it wasn't for sale since it wasn't working and he couldn't figure it out. He gave it to us. My husband got it working. All except accepting money. We thought it was the coinlux. After messing with it he decided to swap out coin mechs with our other machine. Coinlux works just fine. We are wondering if it is the circuit board. They cost $500. It would suck if we spent that money and it is still not working. Any tips on how to check if the circuit board needs replacing? 

Firstly, you do not need to ever spend $500 on a coin mech.  You can get good refurbished units for less than $150 from various sources.  Don't bother ordering anything like that from n2go or whoever they are.

Secondly, you can send coin mechs and other peripherals off for repair to companies like dieb, vendor's exchange, and others.  Most of my coin mech repairs cost about $45 but I'd guess they can go as high as $100 but I think that's uncommon.

This is a great source of information so learn here before you buy things.  Naturals2go is not a brand but a rebranded machine.  It's likely not worth much but, as long as they work, you may as well use them.  Since the seller was honest enough to give a broken machine away, perhaps he was honest enough to sell them at a fair price too.

We determined the coin mech was fine. We plugged it to another machine and it worked like it was suppose to. It's the circuit board we are questioning. That's what would cost $500. It's an ELI940. Too bad because I have another machine that I would swap boards with but it's an ELI900. Both seaga.

Oh I see.  I misunderstood.

I couldn't tell you anything about those boards.  On this forum, seaga machines are typically considered inferior machines that the vast majority of professional vendors do not use.

If I had a seaga that I got for free and the board was bad, I would scrap it.  That's all I can tell you.  Someone might be able to repair it or you might be able to find a used/refurbished board for sale but I wouldn't put any money into it.

Seaga is garbage and their cost for circuit boards is one of the reasons they are garbage.  They refuse to repair any parts and they do not allow anyone else to do so. They also refuse to provide wiring diagrams for ANY machine they have ever sold.  This is why distributors of their products, when they first tried to get distributors, dropped their lines.  Even the Seaga distributors couldn't get wiring diagrams from them.  Don't bother putting any further money into that machine and get rid of your Seagas as soon as you can.  You need to operate real vending machines, not garbage consisting of all imported parts.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, VendMomma said:

What are the good machines?

I’ve been using mostly USI machines with few issues.  They’re easy to work on. I also have some Dixie Narcos that have been good.  

At one time I obtained 2 Genesis machines.  Don’t even think about getting any of those.  I couldn’t even give them away.