Combo Machine Recommendations

tblake05

So $3500/year.  I think $2,000 would be the right price but now the question is exactly what orsd asked... how wide is the space?  You aren't getting a brand new combo for 2k (and the account doesn't warrant new anyway) but space and machine availability are the issues now.  Quite frankly, I think you are pushing into the gray area of whether you should even invest or not but it's your call on that.  I would invest into a location doing $70/week but not if it had to be a combo, unless I already had a combo.

Hello yes, I've got about 49" width, give or take, mainly take an inch.  Height and depth are not a problem.

As far as the location.  It is within 1 mile from my house that I pass by every day multiple times so having to fill a smaller combo unit more than once a week is not an issue.  Being so close to home is the only reason why I'm considering the location.....

Hey Chris, I've got that setup on another location with limited space.  Although they have been relatively trouble free, I am not a fan of the cooling system on the cb300, plus serpentine style loading and non MDB.....  Unless there are updated ones available now that I don't know about.

I do however like the wittern 3548 combo unit.  Are they any good?  I see some used ones floating around the net around 1500.00.

Side note on the cb300 I've got, the machine uses a 117 maka bill validator, but has a 24v coinco coin mech.  How is that?  (at least that's what the labels on the components say).  I'd like to know for sure which one it has so if I ever need to replace them, I don't burn out a control board.  Can I test voltage at the connectors with my multimeter?

If it's serpentine then it's not a cb-300 but a cd-6.  The cb-300 is a stack vendor and there are a few different generations for them.  The 3500 generation is pretty new but the cb-300 should be 3100-3500. USI combos are fine.

As for the cooling system, I don't know what to tell you.  They are difficult to service but they are serviceable, whereas older national and AP combos are super difficult if not impossible to service.  A newer AMS or USI combo is going to be the best bang for your buck but they are expensive even used around here.

The older USI stuff had pinouts on the logic board or power supply options inside so you could have 110v and 24v components running at the same time.  The narrow soda machine cooling units are very difficult and tricky to remove except for someone like me that knows all the tricks you need to pay attention to.