AMS HS1 error code

OVend

One of my ams machines keeps having Health safety error codes. This is the 4th time in 4 weeks. I made it say exempt in settings but it still is happening. Anyone able to give advice??? Thanks

Is the internal temp going above 41F for over 30 minutes?  If so, you may need to check your refer system.  Clean condenser coil, make sure it's not flush against a wall or sitting in direct sunlight.  Frost building on the evap?  Have you noticed extra water in the condensate pan?

It's been a long time since I played with an AMS but does setting "exempt" override the Heath Timer?  

Hey thanks for those thoughts to consider, I’ll look into that. Would it be ok for me to just set the temp at 45 to override the automatic 41 and below health safety feature? Or is 45 too warm for a vending machine?

thanks

hs1 will happen constantly if you are putting a lot of warm product (warm soda) into a machine that's pretty empty.  What happens is it takes far longer than 30 minutes to come down to below 41 degrees (or whatever the HS temp is) and it locks the machine down.

If you are using this for food, then you essentially need to make sure to only put cold items in the machine.  If you aren't using it for anything perishable like food, then set it to 42 degrees and it should disable the HSS by default.  42 degrees is the target temp, meaning it will start to cool once the machine reads 42 degrees and it will cool maybe to 37 or so.. so it will be plenty cold enough in there.

If you are doing anything perishable (food or drinks) then the health lockout at 41F is legally mandated pretty much everywhere.

If you are only doing shelf stable items (that do not need refrigeration) then you can set the temp higher.

When using warm product that won't pull down within 30 minutes, you might consider loading it all, close the door and allow it to start pulling down to temp (41 F) or at least within 10 degrees or so.  Then quickly open and close the door again.  This will restart your health timer.  Your machine should be able to pull down the remaining 10-15 degrees within the 30 minutes allowed by the timer from that point.   If it still can't pull down to temp in time, you may have other issues to resolve.  

Legally, food equipment cannot stay above 41 F for over 30 minutes without shutting off sales.  That is what the health timer does.  To my knowledge, the standard set point is 36 so that the comp kicks on at 38 and off at 34.