Slim Cans

LakeFun75

I purchased a Vendo 511 for personal use at my lake house. I would like to use it for skinny cans like Trulys or Michelob Ultra, but I can’t find any settings for these skinny cans. Anyone had success with these slim cans that could share the right settings?  Thanks. 

Here is the generic setup guide for that model.  Go to page 32 which is the Redbull page and maybe that shim will work, without the Redbull spacers.  You're asking a machine to do something it was never designed for.  Just because you want to vend it doesn't mean it can.  

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/pdf-manuals/v23.pdf

Edited by AZVendor

The "RedBull kit"shown is for the 8.3 oz package.   I don't drink Truly but I think they're slim 12oz cans.   I do not believe a kit for 12oz sleek cans was created for the 511-601.  We did build one for the VMAX but I'm told the shim will not fit.  I am looking for options now.  Below is the setup for VMAX to give an idea of what's involved.

4.    Machine Set-Up:

a)      Product Depth: 2

b)     Back Spacer: 7

c)      Gage Bar Clip Location: P/N: C1 (1066112-1)

d)     Gage Bar Location: 2

e)      Side Shim/ Spacer:  1078872

f)       Sold Out Flap: 1083449

g)      Sold Out Spacer: 1077457

h)     Column Quantity: 48; Column: 10; Vend Out: 44

i)   Magnetic column spacer: P/N:1114348-4. Use 2 per column installed side by side on the right side of the column from the back spacer to the front of the column.

20 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

The "RedBull kit"shown is for the 8.3 oz package.   I don't drink Truly but I think they're slim 12oz cans.   I do not believe a kit for 12oz sleek cans was created for the 511-601.  We did build one for the VMAX but I'm told the shim will not fit.  I am looking for options now.  Below is the setup for VMAX to give an idea of what's involved.

4.    Machine Set-Up:

a)      Product Depth: 2

b)     Back Spacer: 7

c)      Gage Bar Clip Location: P/N: C1 (1066112-1)

d)     Gage Bar Location: 2

e)      Side Shim/ Spacer:  1078872

f)       Sold Out Flap: 1083449

g)      Sold Out Spacer: 1077457

h)     Column Quantity: 48; Column: 10; Vend Out: 44

i)   Magnetic column spacer: P/N:1114348-4. Use 2 per column installed side by side on the right side of the column from the back spacer to the front of the column.

Thanks for the info and suggestion. I would love to hear any more info that you might find as so many drinks are now going to theses slim cans. 

I know the machine was not made to do it, but they seem incredibly flexible yet complex to the newbie!!  I’m enjoying learning about these machines through this journey, and I appreciate the support.  You all make vending look very easy from the user point of view,  but it way more complicated!!!  Many thanks. 

6 hours ago, LakeFun75 said:

Thanks for the info and suggestion. I would love to hear any more info that you might find as so many drinks are now going to theses slim cans. 

I'm pretty sure the smaller package size is a attempt to capture specific sales and not a shift in sales.

I was told that there was a shim available for 12oz sleek cans in 511-601 but they are now NLA due to low demand.   You may be able to find them at a local bottler, operator or vending distributor.  Otherwise, stick to regular packages and keep it simple.