We have a DNCB 168m soda vending machine in our shop. everything seems fine with the machine, EXCEPT it TAKES our money but won't vend any soda. It has cans in it, everything works except this one issue. its bout to drive me crazy, hopefully someone has an idea on how to fix this

Does it attempt to vend and jam or does the vend motor never turn?  When you reach the vend price, you should hear an audible "click" from the Vend/Credit relay which supplies power to the selection switches and vend motors.  From that point, simply pressing a selection should complete the circuit and run the desired motor.   After inserting your money and making a selection,  does the machine allow you to insert more money or does it return your money?  

7 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

Does it attempt to vend and jam or does the vend motor never turn?  When you reach the vend price, you should hear an audible "click" from the Vend/Credit relay which supplies power to the selection switches and vend motors.  From that point, simply pressing a selection should complete the circuit and run the desired motor.   After inserting your money and making a selection,  does the machine allow you to insert more money or does it return your money?  

there is no click, no jamming, no motor turning. it doesn't return money either. Its set for 75 cents, but I want to check that to be sure and I don't know how.

The issue could be in either your coin mechanism or the credit relay.  It's hard to troubleshoot without a machine or spare parts to test with.  Below is some basic pricing for single price vending equipment.  Most coin mechanisms set up approximately the same way using DIP switches to set pricing.  In Single Price machines, the coin mech is responsible for managing payment (accepting coins, enabling the dollar acceptor and establishing credit to the machine from either method of payment.)

image.png

image.png

image.png

40 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

The issue could be in either your coin mechanism or the credit relay.  It's hard to troubleshoot without a machine or spare parts to test with.  Below is some basic pricing for single price vending equipment.  Most coin mechanisms set up approximately the same way using DIP switches to set pricing.  In Single Price machines, the coin mech is responsible for managing payment (accepting coins, enabling the dollar acceptor and establishing credit to the machine from either method of payment.)

image.png

image.png

image.png

So I got it vending for 25 cents and 50 cents, but for some reason it wont work for 75 cents. They said it used to work fine, but now we cant figure this out.

23 minutes ago, Arica said:

So I got it vending for 25 cents and 50 cents, but for some reason it wont work for 75 cents. They said it used to work fine, but now we cant figure this out.

With it set for 75c will it vend for any amount? If so what amount?

You may need to fill the tubes with like a dollar in nickels for this to work.

16 minutes ago, orsd said:

Vending on 25 and 50 tells me that your mech and machine can establish credit so that's good news.  Can you share your actual coin mech model number so we can know exactly what you're working on?   It will likely be on the side of the unit.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I inserted at least 7 quarters and the "use exact change' light wouldn't go out (which it did for the 25cent and 50cent). I'll check again if there are any nickels and dimes in the tubes. Also, the quarter tube is about 1/3 full but its sending all newly inserted quarters into the bucket at the bottom.

21 minutes ago, orsd said:

15 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

Vending on 25 and 50 tells me that your mech and machine can establish credit so that's good news.  Can you share your actual coin mech model number so we can know exactly what you're working on?   It will likely be on the side of the unit.

well i went out to get the model number, and i went ahead and tried it again. it worked. 3 quarters makes the light go out and it vends so, go figure why it wasnt before! Thank you every one though! I still have the model number, if this happens again i wouldnt mind having something to check. The coin machine model number is 3200-S

I am assuming there is no bill validated on this machine. Therefore I don’t think tube inventory would be an issue. I would check all connections and make sure everything is seated tight. 

If it has a bill accepter, it will require at least a couple inches worth of nickels, dimes and quarters in order to accept bills.  With your quarter tube set to only hold 6-7 coins (Low 25 cent option) you will likely find that the bill acceptor doesn't allow acceptance of bills at times.