Crane national 147 no Power?

kyle0050

Have yet to go to location yet but I am being told that the machine has no power going to it. What should I be checking or looking at when I get to the machine? I did have someone try and charge their phone in the same outlet it's plugged in and was told it charged their phone. (have a friend at the location) so not exactly sure where to look for this one. 

Just got to location and there is a burning smell inside the cabinet. Been pulling trays out trying to find a charred area but can't find anything. If anyone knows where to start let me know but might be new machine time as I would love to not put more money into a nat 147

If that is where the burning smell is coming from, yes.  You might be able to replace whatever is burned in there but the rebuilt price isn't bad and you can just plug it in.  But that is only if your issue is in that box.

Thanks for the suggestion will check that out too when I head back up tomorrow to look at it again. Just going worst case scenario here what snack machine would yall recommend to replace it with? I am looking at the AMS 39 from A&M as my old tech said they were the best snack machine his opinion but have also heard solid things about AP. Just curious what would be the best replacement machine as of now. 

The AMS I am eyeing- https://www.amequipmentsales.com/shop/refurbished-ams-39-snack-machine/

As long as it's been upgraded to sensit 3, it's an excellent choice.  As for APs.  They are very good for their time but you want at least an AP 123 or newer unless it has a revision door.  A National 167 is also very good.  There are many good models out there.  Just ask about specific models if you want to know if it's a good replacement or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Well bought and put in a new power supply in today and still the same issue. Machine fuse immediately kicks in when power is turned on and flicks off. Don't feel like paying a tech to play find the problem and then have to buy a part for a relatively old machine. So I'm probably going forward with purchasing the AMS 39 if anyone doesn't like the AMS or why I shouldn't buy it for sure let me know before I put the order in. 

10 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Did you: unplug the coin mech, bill acceptor and light ballast before powering it up?  Did you then power off as you plugged each item in one at a time to test them? 

^^^^^THIS^^^^.    My money is on the coin mech

• 2 weeks later...