Lord's Prayer banned on Facebook

The Mage

I am not a religious person, but apparently people are saying that the Lord's Prayer is banned on Facebook.

My daughter decided to post it and this is what came up:

Fact Check.png

I cut out her information on here, including her response. But this is ridiculous.

Their fact check is actually saying it is a hoax that it is blocked, while blocking it.

Here is the post opened.

2021-11-02_19-46-48.png

I screenshot these images myself.

4 minutes ago, The Mage said:

I am not a religious person, but apparently people are saying that the Lord's Prayer is banned on Facebook.

My daughter decided to post it and this is what came up:

Fact Check.png

I cut out her information on here, including her response. But this is ridiculous.

Their fact check is actually saying it is a hoax that it is blocked, while blocking it.

Here is the post opened.

2021-11-02_19-46-48.png

I screenshot these images myself.

Technically, they didn't block it.  They put a fact-check on it.  So spreading a rumor that they "blocked it" would, in fact, be false information (due to the technicality).  However, this post doesn't involve the rumor in question so there's no reason to fact check it in the first place.  This is just one of the schemes that FB fact-checkers use to stop the spread of things that they don't want to be spread.  It's BS really and it's why I am strongly considering just quitting facebook entirely.

The question is... is there something cropped out of this post that claims that facebook banned the lord's prayer.  I can't see it, but if it's there, then they would be correct to fact check it as "false" but ONLY if no one can prove that they have actually "banned" any posts with the "lord's prayer" and nothing that clearly violates their community standards.  I'm not taking sides, but that's how they do things.

I only cut out my Daughter's info above the post, and her reply. 

But this isn't the first time I have seen them bock a post with something like this, and the thing they were saying was false wasn't in the post or meme. 

Then again I also saw how they took a meme of Trump superimposed on Rocky's body and said it was a "doctored image". I just never thought I would see this type of insanity going on, and so many people accepting it.

7 minutes ago, The Mage said:

I only cut out my Daughter's info above the post, and her reply. 

But this isn't the first time I have seen them bock a post with something like this, and the thing they were saying was false wasn't in the post or meme. 

Then again I also saw how they took a meme of Trump superimposed on Rocky's body and said it was a "doctored image". I just never thought I would see this type of insanity going on, and so many people accepting it.

If they "fact checked" a claim as being false, when there was no claim to begin with, then I would say that DOES count as fact-checking the lord's prayer but NOT blocking it.  Again, I am not taking sides here but rather just explaining how they can get away with denying that they "block" anything.  Now if you said they "fact checked" the lord's prayer, you would be absolutely correct.  I have personally seen things fact-checked in which all that was said was something along the lines of "missing context" or "similar post previously fact checked."  It ends up being some vague thing and the entire point is to lead some people to believe the post is "false."  It really is garbage and that's why I think I should quick FB.  What started it for me was when facebook was actually BANNING videos from Frontline Doctors explaining how hydroxychloroquine was proving to be effective, particularly when there was no vaccine option at all.  The videos weren't just fact checked but they were completley removed entirely for some time.  Eventually they just got "fact checked".  

I had a video "fact checked" that showed a guy demonstrating how his breath could go through 10 masks in a row and fog up his glasses.  It was a simple demonstration that is about as scientific as you can get but it was fact-checked nonetheless with something along the lines of "misleading information".  As you said, it's insanity.  People turn a blind eye to it and they refuse to consider the real issue (censorship).  Just like with Walmart, Amazon, and any other big company out there, the #1 way to break them down is to stop interracting with them as much as possible.

In this case I didn't mean block the post from being allowed, but covered with the "fact check". I was using the term as if something was in front of the post, not that the post was being blocked from even posting. I should be more careful with my words.

But you are right that we should stop interacting with them... If we can. Although there is something called Facebook Purity. Mentioning it is in fact banned on Facebook. I have tried. But it can block their ads, although Facebook rewrites their code to get around it, and they simply rewrite it to block the ads again. I think they are working on it again.

It's because you aren't referring to the site as Meta. 🤪 Actually, Faceplant users have all brought this on themselves by being mostly idiots who post drivel expecting everyone to believe what they state, which others do believe because they are all morons too.  It had a good beginning when it was people connecting with people and then the liars, fake people, posts to rile other up, stupid Presidents, etc. ruined it.  It can never again be what it was and should just be shut down along with all "social media" that is ruining the morals of this country, all in the name of advertising.

I don't twitter and I don't tweet- a lot of people don't.  If you're worried about these institutions ( Facebook, Instagram etc.) consider the source - the people that use them have problems they'll probably never come to grips with.  I've spent the last couple of months moving from the PRK to Texas.  While it's a very dreary trip - we're not talking the scenic route here, I've met a lot of great people along the way who will go out of their way to help someone they've never met.  This country is full of great people and you shouldn't worry about the negative effects of social media on our morals.  The self importance of the liberal and social media is a figment of their collective imagination.  In the end most of us just won't be buying it.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:08 PM, The Mage said:

In this case I didn't mean block the post from being allowed, but covered with the "fact check". I was using the term as if something was in front of the post, not that the post was being blocked from even posting. I should be more careful with my words.

I knew exactly what you meant.  However, these things happen to powerful people (and powerful entities) all the time.  CNN lies and says Joe Rogan is taking a horse dewormer because *technically* it can be used as a horse dewormer even if it's also a human medication.  So they can say "we didn't lie!" because of a technicality.  Facebook can deny the rumor that they are banning the lord's prayer because *technically* they didn't ban it but, rather, had it fact-checked.  Trust me, I agree with what you're saying but I am just pointing out how facebook gets away with this.  I have been studying a lot of BS over the last 10+ years in politics and I feel like I have a much better grasp as to how powerful people lie. 

One of the biggest frauds in our country (and probably the world) right now is how the results of polls are manipulated by changing the meaning behind the data.  As a very loose example, if you asked 100 random people if they would rather suffer illness/death or take a vaccine, you would probably find the results to be skewed more toward taking a vaccine (rather than suffer illness/death).  Then, the media would say something like "80% of people are looking forward to a vaccine" which would be very much out of context.  But that's not the interesting part.  The interesting part is how these polls, when posted constanty by the media, heavily influence people because we are so easily influenced by peer pressure (even if it's not actually peer pressure).  We are obsessed with being right or not being wrong.  A simple poll showing what a majority believes in can heavily sway undecided people toward the majority.  To make matters worse, the fear of being cast out by society causes the "other people" (people who disagree with hypothetical poll) to feel some level of shame regarding the subject.  And so, they feel discouraged to discuss the matter.  The "majority" of people who agree with the poll become more outspoken (which causes more peer pressure) and the "minority" of people who disagree become more silent in fear of ridicule.  The real fraud is when you find out that the "majority" is actually the minority.

I believe a very similar thing happened with religion thousands of years ago when Roman Catholicism was created.  I don't want to go down that rabbit hole in this topic, but I believe people were effectively tricked into funneling more of their money into the wealthy elites and it continues on to this day.  Except now, classical religion has been replaced with woke-ism and the mighty Church of Science.  People in the Church of Science don't actually necessarily believe in science.  They just blindly and falsely claim everything they believe in is based off of science even when it isn't... because, you know, it's science!