Lightbulb melted into DN5800 machine

OVend

Hi, I have a bevmax at a very good location of mine. I just got a call from someone over there saying that “one of the lightbulbs in the drink machine is melted into the machine. The lightbulb is out, but it’s literally melting into the machine”. 

I am unable to make it there today so I will have to check it out tomorrow, but does anyone have any clue what this could possibly even mean? Makes no sense to me at all.

thanks

5 hours ago, AngryChris said:

I have never heard of such a thing.  I'd guess the plastic light cover is what's "melted".  The only thing I could see happening is that something focused light at the bulb area and melted something.

Ya I was wondering the same thing if it’s just the plastic cover. This guy said multiple times that the lightbulb is melted “into the machine”. Hopefully he’s wrong. I’ll go check it out tomorrow morning and update.

Well this was the extent of the issue. Just revolved it with a new bulb and it’s all set. Not sure why the customer kept insisting that the lightbulb was “literally melting into the machine”, and making it seem like an urgent and severe issue. But I am glad it was no big deal. I have another photo as well but the forum won’t let me upload another one because of file size. I guess it’s better to get a bad call that’s not really true than a bad call that is true.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, AngryChris said:

I have never heard of such a thing.  I'd guess the plastic light cover is what's "melted".  The only thing I could see happening is that something focused light at the bulb area and melted something.

Angrychris you were exactly correct, the plastic cover is what melted. The customer kept telling me the machine itself was being melted lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

That's what happens when you don't pay attention to your lights and they start to burn out.

I was not aware that you could tell ahead of time that a bulb was going to burn out. I always just wait for a bulb to burn out and then replace it. Is there a better way ?

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

Yeah, I shake my head sometimes when customers say the most ridiculous nonsensical things. 

"There's water coming from the vending machine.  Can you come check it out ASAP?".  The soda machine?  "No, the one with chips in it. It keeps leaking!". 

Someone put a cup of water on top of the machine and it fell over and ran down the inside of the machine.  I told the lady about it.  "Oh.  So did you fix the leak or do we need a new machine?". *facepalm*

It drives me crazy when people turn my vending machines into storage shelves. Aka pile a bunch of stuff on top of it . It makes the machine look bad.

Edited by OVend

You need to replace them when one end gets dark as that means it's about to go out.  They normally don't do any damage unless you have the breakage sleeve on them like Bevmax's and food machines have and as the bulb struggles to stay lit it creates a lot of heat at the ends. 

Edited by AZVendor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

You need to replace them when one end gets dark as that means it's about to go out.  They normally don't do any damage unless you have the breakage sleeve on them like Bevmax's and food machines have and as the bulb struggles to stay lit it creates a lot of heat at the ends. 

Ok thanks for the info will keep an eye on that from now on

1 hour ago, cvending said:

REplace with an LED bulb and be done. No heat from them and they are much brighter. They also will not generate any electronic noise that affects the board.

I will look into this thanks for the advice

19 hours ago, rick98 said:

It could have been worse. That can catch the whole machine on fire. The location will break the glass and use a fire extinguisher to put it out........Vending is fun!!!

100_0028.JPG

WOW that is scary, thankfully it didn't start a fire like that pic