dixie 501e column jams

Chard

We have a machine that will occasionally jam 4 or 5 columns.  I don't know if it happens all at once or separately, but when we get there they are all jammed. 

I've seen similar problems caused by power surges with other 501e's.  Typically a control board or motor switches are the culprit.  With this machine we've replaced the control board and all motor switches and it did the same thing after 3 weeks of working fine.  The power cord is unencumbered with no visible cuts, voltage at the outlet is 120v.

I cannot reproduce the jam.   It sells lots of cases between jams. Any ideas?

What type of product?  Are the columns actually "jammed" with product or just reading that way?  If they're physically jammed, you'll need to look through setup. 

If the machine is only reading jammed but isn't, AND you've already tested/replaced the motor, vend complete switches, and board you might consider looking at where the harness plugs into the controller.   When they aren't secured to the door frame to hold their weight, they tend to sag and pull themselves out of the connector on the board.

it is setup for all cans with proper shimming and rods.   These are actual jams.  The cans appear to  begin their final drop and then it appears the motors reverse, pinching the cans 20% up from the bottom of the can, laying on its side.  All jammed columns do the exact same thing and it always begins at column 2 or 3 and includes 4,5,6,&7 columns.  I've verified the columns are being loaded correctly. 

When replacing the board, all connectors seem securely connected.  I have not yet verified power at the motors, but I am always able to run 30-40 successful test vends before leaving the location.

I have confirmed there are power surges at the location recently. 

While power surges can cause all kinds of issues, any signal issues should be cleaned up before getting through the power supply.  If there are any columns that have not failed, beyond confirming set up is the same, you might consider moving parts from the questionable column to the working one and retest.  This will allow you to control variables and narrow whether the issue is at the column  or start to turn focus to the harness or board.  Maybe start with the motor assy.  You might also double check that the cradle is still straight.  I know Dixies can twist those out of shape but I would expect more consistent issues if that were the case.

If you're getting actual jams, I'm leaning toward the idea that the machine is tilted but you should see a significant lean by just looking at it.  Otherwise, do you have plenty of space between the sold out paddle and the cans?  1/2"?