Cold Food Machines - Is an AMS a viable alternative

rjh914

Good morning:

I recently secured a huge new account - 2 full size soda, 2 full size snack and 2 cold food machines.  It goes online April 1st.  I've got the snack & soda machines covered, but could use some advice on the cold food.

I currently run 2 of the rotary cold food machines at other locations - I'm OK with them, but wonder if a refrigerated AMS machine would be a better alternative.

I'll be vending pre-packaged items (hot pockets, yogurt, frozen pizza, breakfast sandwiches, etc.) from the machines.

Thank you.

AMS is great.  It may have some trouble vending the really large items like salads, and pizzas could get a little damaged from the fall, but everything else is good.  The big advantage over turret machines is that everything is first in first out.  I have a 4-wide that does about $200/week in food+energy drinks.

On 2/27/2022 at 10:55 AM, AngryChris said:

AMS is great.  It may have some trouble vending the really large items like salads, and pizzas could get a little damaged from the fall, but everything else is good.  The big advantage over turret machines is that everything is first in first out.  I have a 4-wide that does about $200/week in food+energy drinks.

What about the Crane 430 series of rotary vendors? Are they any good?

No potential for drop damage on those ones either but I guess the downside is that not being FIFO, checking expiry dates more often would be needed?

Edited by Grand Nagus

Stay away from the National 430 as it's the old dinosaur but the 431 being more current is better though it is hard to add card readers to them as the newer eproms are sketchy and probably won't report cash sales.  A National 432 is a beautiful machine but you might not find any and there may not be many parts available for it as not many sold before the recession hit.  If they are still supported then that is what I'd go for. 

So I just took a look at Crane's website, and from what I can tell they no longer make rotary vendors so it looks like the 432 is the last rotary model then?

They have a 962 as well however I'm not sure what the differences are since the manual is the same for both of them and I wasn't in the mood to read through it to find out if there were any, LoL!

Edited by Grand Nagus