Adding a Nayax card reader to a Genesis GO380

Go380

I know, I know Genisis is not the best. But I have had great luck with my location.

I recently bought a NAYAX card reader and unlike the other large machines this machine has almost no room to mount. Has anyone mounted these on this unit or is anyone in the North NJ able to help me for $?

download (1).jpeg

download.jpeg

• Like 1

I believe there is an extension cable you can run along the top edge of the door and thru the lighting hole in the top left side of the cabinet. Then along the top inside cabinet edge to the telemeter. The same route the light harness uses. 
You should pre plug in everything before you start drilling holes to test the card reader. 

Not that I would get a GO or put a card reader on it, but you can get extension harnesses for swipes mounted on doors.  It's common practice on older models with conversion kits.  But do exactly what tblake said and try to connect it first and make sure you can actually use the reader before you mount it.  It may not work.

• Like 1

The last machines Genesis produced were mdb but I’ve never heard of anyone successfully connecting a card reader to one. 
Their 2 year unlimited warranty was far better than their equipment. It ran them into the ground sending out free replacement parts with insufficient sales of new machines.
I had 7 on route towards the end of the warranty period when suddenly their phone was disconnected and everything in the pipeline disappeared. 

• 10 months later...

Just cause it has mdb coin mech and validator doesn’t mean it communicates the same language as MDB.

I’d say if the machine manufacturer doesn’t have an updated user serviceable eeprom and there’s no setting in the menu to enable cashless, that chances of running a card reader on this machine is prob not gonna happen.

• 1 year later...