Ap4600 Bills accepted and not being credited & top row of buttons not working

CallMeCj

I have had this machine operating for a week and i found the top buttons (A, 1, 2) to no longer work. The bill acceptor is also accepting bills but not giving credit. There is no errors on the bill acceptor and the machine still accepts coins. Did all the common sense things like unplugging everything and trying again with no change. Is there an easy fix for these and are what parts would i need to order? Sorry im comletely new to this.

The MEI 24V validate will not work in a 4600 unless you have an after market kit installed in machine. What kit do you have in this machine?  As for the A shelf selections not working,  e sure the shelf is completely locked into place. Sounds like it may not be fully seated

Could be a bad keypad and you might have a bad bill validator interface box as these machines never came with bill validators - they are that old.  They always use a retrofit kit of some kind to get the validator to work.

23 hours ago, cvending said:

The MEI 24V validate will not work in a 4600 unless you have an after market kit installed in machine. What kit do you have in this machine?  As for the A shelf selections not working,  e sure the shelf is completely locked into place. Sounds like it may not be fully seated

i will have to make sure the shelf is properly seated. I did mess with it when I went to check on the machine so that is probably the issue. For the aftermarket kit what should i be looking for?

21 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Could be a bad keypad and you might have a bad bill validator interface box as these machines never came with bill validators - they are that old.  They always use a retrofit kit of some kind to get the validator to work.

what would i look for to replace the kit if its faulty?

3 hours ago, CallMeCj said:

what would i look for to replace the kit if its faulty?

Your best move would be to replace the machine.  If you can't do that, an inone kit is second best choice

There are shelf flip locks that hold it in place and you need to make sure the rollers are intact and secure on the shelf too.  It's really not a machine to put any money into so I would be planning to upgrade it if the validator kit is bad.

• 3 months later...

update for anyone that comes across this thread in the future, found a replacement keypad online for $50, first one received also had damage, got a replacement. after replacing the keypad the issue is no longer, just recieved a new bill validator today and will be swapping it out on Monday. Not sure what could have caused both parts to have issues arise at the same time like that.