E-276 Not in service issue

fdecrist

Hello all, I hope everything is well,

I am having an intermittent issue with one of my DN E-276's. After a couple of days, it keeps going out of service. When I get to the account, it'll go back to normal after I hit the door switch. The display literally says out of service, the credit card reader will say cash only, and the whole machine will disable. When I open it up and hit the door switch, it'll go back into sales mode. 

I called Crane and they told me it could be a loose harness, which I already checked for. I also replaced the motor fuse which didn't seem to work. The 3 errors I am getting are "SELS, COLJ & VEND. However, all columns are working fine and I don't see any jams.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

Best,

Francisco

Test vend each column and make sure that each column is working and not jammed that’s what the JC is for.  It should show JC- followed by a number or numbers  representing which column is jammed.  The SELS is your select switches.  Should also show you a number that isn’t working.   

Bad motor switch somewhere most likely.  The dot on the display should be blinking indicating an error, and taking the motor cover off should reveal any switches not set in a notch.  Replacing all th switches is the best move though.

The next time this happens, open the door and hit the service button once. Look at the display. It will tell you which column is jammed or out of service. Hitting the door switch will reset the column so do this before you press the door switch.

19 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

When you hit the door switch, do any of the motors "rehome"?  If so, I would be looking for motors coasting past the notch in the cams.   Generally sticky brake or faulty vend complete switch. 

@Vendo Mike Yes that is exactly what is happening.

13 minutes ago, cvending said:

The next time this happens, open the door and hit the service button once. Look at the display. It will tell you which column is jammed or out of service. Hitting the door switch will reset the column so do this before you press the door switch.

@cvending Ok I will try this today. Thanks for the tips!

As a coke branded machine you will have the 4 button programming (always a blast).  Once you open the door press the service button on the control board and it should bring errors up.  Use buttons 2 & 3 to cycle.  Press button 4 to enter.  For example the COLJ error and pressing #4 will then tell you which column(s) are jammed.  IF button number one is the defective select switch it will hinder your abilities of cycling through the menu and you’ll likely have to replace that. You can do so by swapping out a switch from 5-8 if you don’t have spares.  Vend is an error code that typically happens when a column gets stuck.  

Clean the connector at the bottom of the door behind a cover. Most are a large round connector that gets nasty. Undo the connection and clean the pins with contact cleaner and a brush.