Crane 141 adjusting price

I have a Crane 141 sitting on a location because the previous owner messed up adjusting the price and couldn’t figure it out so he took the product out and left it. The location could use a combo machine but I’m not sure if it’s worth it yet. 

I want to test it out and see how the snacks sell so does anyone know how to adjust the pricing on this machine?

141 is the oldest ANCIENT National glassfront.  Pricing is done within the coin mech and if it still has a National ACMRtron or whatever they called the later model, scrap the machine.  Heck, I'd scrap it anyway as it's too old to use.  They are also known for broken motor followers that allow free vending an entire column.

Ya less than 20. It doesn’t look like a very profitable location. 

The drink machine is old as well and only accepts coins. From your experience do you think a drink machine with a card reader would make more sense?

Nope.  Single price soda machine only if you will service it every 3 weeks or so.  It should have a bill acceptor on it though and the cans should be selling for close to $1 or you'll never make a profit.  It sounds like you bought a garbage route.  You should list all of the machines you got and what kind of locations they are in so you have a better idea of what you have.

Edited by AZVendor

Only if it is in your route area.   If your next location is more than 30 mins. away it is not worth it.   If you have a location close by then go for it.  Drinks only.   If they want snacks I would tell them that with the cost of equipment and parts, what you analyze the location to do in sales, you would essentially be paying for them to have equipment. 

30 minutes is nothing unless it's really a 1 hour round trip.  I ran over 300 machines and there were always a few drives of 30+ minutes to get to a part of town but then multiple stops to do around there.

• 2 weeks later...