Vendo 720

I have a Vendo 720 that I can’t figure out. It shows “none cans” on the display when opened, but shows $09.95 on the display when closed. It’s like it thinks everything is empty. You can put money in, but won’t attempt to bend. Any ideas? I’ve swapped out the bill acceptor, and coin mech, but not the issue.

48 minutes ago, TierOne said:

I have a Vendo 720 that I can’t figure out. It shows “none cans” on the display when opened, but shows $09.95 on the display when closed. It’s like it thinks everything is empty. You can put money in, but won’t attempt to bend. Any ideas? I’ve swapped out the bill acceptor, and coin mech, but not the issue.

I really don't understand.  The only time a vendo machine should say "none" is to refer to no errors, hence "none".  There is no error code I can see that says "none cans".  I think what you may be getting is "none" and then "cans" where "none" represents no errors and "cans" is giving you the count of the number of items sold (historically).  If so, then you can disregard the codes you refer to as "none cans" entirely.

As for the machine not vending, there are a couple things I suspect.  I don't know about 09.95 as that's a weird price but could be default price... 99.95 is usually default price on machines.  If it is a default price, you NEED to price it to get it to work, which means you need to set everything up.  I would price everything at 5c for testing purposes so you can just feed it nickels to see if it's working, then change the price to whatever you want and test it again late to verify everything else works.  Also, you need to make sure your products are pushing against the sold-out switch enough so that the machine doesn't think columns are sold-out.  However, if it was sold-out, it should say such when you press a sold-out selection.

I’ve double checked the sensors, and they are all pushing adequately. It will accept a dollar(price on most items). and says either sold out, or try another selection. I’ll try reprogramming the prices. I’m wondering if it’s an issue with the board.

I'm with Chris on your errors.  Nothing to see there.  If you don't see "sold out" on the display then the machine isn't detecting a sold out condition.  9.95 or what should actually be 99.95 indicated the board lost it's pricing due to a bad battery, which I think is a timekeeper chip on that board.  At least I don't remember ever seeing a battery on one.  Did anything precede this issue, such as you changing products or product sizes in any or all columns?  Changing prices?  You could have messed things up or the column depths are wrong for the new products.  

Also make sure your motor harness is plugged into the board properly.  If the plastic tabs haven't broken off, it shouldn't ever come out, but if they are gone then the harness can come out over time from opening and closing the door.

Since it's not registering JC (Jammed Column) errors, my money is on Space to Sales having been programmed incorrectly.  This reads as if there are no motors tied to selection switches. 

As AZ said, if the battery in the timekeeper failed, your programming should be going to default every time you power up.   If that's the case, your Space to Sales should be default  with each button tied to a column.  Double check connections at the board and each vend motor.