Revision door or refurbished machine?

I have about 20 various AP 6/7000s, National 148s, etc..  I'm debating on whether I should add revision doors, trade them in for credits and buy refurbed, or just sell them separately and buy refurbed.  It doesn't seem like an easy decision.

It doesn't sound like you would save any money with any of the moves.  Do you have MDB in any of them yet?  If you do then you could always paint the cabinets, re-vinyl the fronts, clean the shelves, replace the shelf fronts, relabel and put LED lights in. That along with the InOne displays will look pretty good.  If they are all still micromech then I'd say your choices are $1000+ for revision door plus coinage, get a pittance for the trade in and spend $2500+ for a refurb machine, sell yours for maybe $1000 each if you're lucky but more than likely $750 tops and then buy outright for refurb which I think would be the most expensive option.

52 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

It doesn't sound like you would save any money with any of the moves.

That seems to be the case lol.  I think I'll try to clean a few up to see how nice I can get them.  I'm most worried about the paint as I've never done that.

We used a good quality epoxy paint. You have to run a DA sander over it, mask everything off and then it gets rolled or sprayed.  A sprayer is best.  They were always done in gloss black. I didn't paint them myself.  I had others do it for me.  They could also do bondo where needed too. In fact, I had a guy come to my shop and do the painting.

vinyl wrap is cheap and easy on sides of machines - we use a carbon fiber pattern that looks pretty good - better than our weak sauce attempts at painting....I did spay bed liner on one that was outside but that is a long sad story of a great idea that did not pan out....

• Like 1

We have rolled many machines like that and put a tuffront on them. Painting the front of machine can be a challenge. We use rustoleum double cover semi gloss black paint to roll the machine. If the machine has major dents it does not look good. If you add an inone board mdb dba, changer, paint, and tuffront that is an easy $1000. 

5 hours ago, tc vending said:

We have rolled many machines like that and put a tuffront on them. Painting the front of machine can be a challenge. We use rustoleum double cover semi gloss black paint to roll the machine. If the machine has major dents it does not look good. If you add an inone board mdb dba, changer, paint, and tuffront that is an easy $1000. 

Soinds more reasonable.  I'll just get rid of the worst ones l, rehab and upgrade the nicest ones

The old usi snacks though... They definitely need to go away.

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

Soinds more reasonable.  I'll just get rid of the worst ones l, rehab and upgrade the nicest ones

The old usi snacks though... They definitely need to go away.

Old usi 3013or14or15 are junk status for me.

Ap are an easy upgrade.

• Like 1