Royal 660 having Issue vending Kirkland Water Bottles and 12oz Celsius Cans?

I recently purchased a used Royal 660, I got a good price for it and everything seems functional all regular can sizes seem to be vending normally. As in the title I'm having an issue with Kirkland Brand Water Bottles and 12oz cans in my case being Celsius. I see the chain go around and attempt to tug on the chain but it won't pull for either. I'm not sure what is causing the jam with the Celsius cans, I'm thinking the Kirkland Water Bottles might be too flexible if that makes sense. If anybody has any ideas on this it'd be greatly appreciated. I haven't tried adjusting the vend fins on the bottom yet as I'm not too familiar with how they work.

Cheap, squishy bottles are going to jam. If you need to vend water, consider using 20oz bottles that are nitrogen charged and are firm.  Even better, I’m seeing a lot of people move to water in aluminum bottles. I’m sure they cost more so you charge more. But these will vend every time and won’t add to the plastic bottle waste issue. 

Standard 12 oz cans jamming is going to likely be a setup or hardware failure issue. These are generally easy to vend for most equipment.  If they are slim 12oz or the tall 16oz then you’ll need to adjust you setup closer to bottles.

The 660 probably needs "redbull" shims for the slim cans, here is the link for DSV. The rebull and celsius cans are all the same cirumference, so I assume if you use the shims from this kit (shims are the metal flaps that go down the sides) and just don't use the parts for doing 8.4oz redbull that come in the kit, its probably your best bet. 

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-6454-d232052-royal-550660804-red-bull-kit-rear.aspx

Edited by CoastVending

Let's see.... let me find a machine designed for 12 oz cans and 20 oz soda bottles and then see what oddball, non-conventional products I can cram into it.....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Let's see.... let me find a machine designed for 12 oz cans and 20 oz soda bottles and then see what oddball, non-conventional products I can cram into it.....

Ah I didn't know, this is my very first machine I'm setting it up at a school and a lot of teachers said they liked Celsius so I told them I would try to vend it.

1 hour ago, Fiktional said:

Ah I didn't know, this is my very first machine I'm setting it up at a school and a lot of teachers said they liked Celsius so I told them I would try to vend it.

Hopefully you don't find out that teachers will usually happily tell you what to put in the machines even if they have no plans on buying it.

Just stick to the mainstream flavors and they will sell.  Just remember that the teacher's lounge is the worst place to put it and you're putting a 10 or 12 selection machine in there.  That's where a lot of machines go to die.  Teachers aren't paid well and bring their food and beverages from home.  That's one location I always regretted doing.  I would do them only when we got all the machines that the kids used too, otherwise no bueno.  But you're new to the business and you need to learn this all yourself.

Edited by AZVendor

17 hours ago, Fiktional said:

you cant just buy a machine and expect it to just vend, not every machine can vend such a small product, this is where your due diligence should've came in and did some research on what to buy, and what to vend, next time when people ask you to vend lollipops don't be so quick to say yes like a sucker, do research! 

redbulls and anything with that size usually requires extra parts, i am assuming you're not playing with much funds, skip the headache and put some monsters in there instead until you can figure out what's next, never stress on the customer, just say, "ill try" its the best you're gonna get, you wont satisfy everyone, don't try it, the 660 is a great machine, you can use the 16oz bottle in it, just don't fill all the way and set it to the can setting, you'll be fine.

22 hours ago, NYCandyMaN said:

you cant just buy a machine and expect it to just vend, not every machine can vend such a small product, this is where your due diligence should've came in and did some research on what to buy, and what to vend, next time when people ask you to vend lollipops don't be so quick to say yes like a sucker, do research! 

redbulls and anything with that size usually requires extra parts, i am assuming you're not playing with much funds, skip the headache and put some monsters in there instead until you can figure out what's next, never stress on the customer, just say, "ill try" its the best you're gonna get, you wont satisfy everyone, don't try it, the 660 is a great machine, you can use the 16oz bottle in it, just don't fill all the way and set it to the can setting, you'll be fine.

simple way is this- Monsters.

• Like 1