2010 Business Plans / Goals

West Coast Vend LLC

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not use locating companies.  But i do have a contract with a very large managment company and some of my larger accounts are through them.  I guess what i ment to say was that i do all my own locating but i do have the contract and if im offered locations from them i can take them if i want or turn them down.  I dont really see the need to pay someone to place 1 rack or a few triples that you can do on your own.  I guess if your working a 9-5 your time has limits and you have to use a locater to find spots your self.  But in the long run you will always get better locations your self. even with the managment company its not a roses. 

Over the course of 2009, I have condensed my routes from 40+ single gumball locations to 20+ toy rack locations.  I am feeling the need to expand some more so I will be be trying to find new locations whether they are single charity gumballs or toy racks.  I will also be upgrading all my locations and doubling the vend amounts.  I.e. 50c to $1 on 2in and 25c to 50c on 1in.  This will fit in well with my plan because I still have many 25c 1in that will do well as single gumball charity machines.  Once I have the gumball locations, I'll work to upgrade them to commission toy racks.  I hope to double my location count over the next year.

Also, I will be working on finalizing my own version of the shootin' hoops machine. 

The holidays are nice, but it will be good to get them overwith so that I can get rolling on my vending goals.

My gameplan for 2010 is DEF different from my plan last yr. I've had a couple of very blessed/lucky situations come up for me over the last few months. The owners of the franchise I work for have asked me to place/replace machines at all of our stores (several of which have coke machines that I will be replacing). On the bulk end of things the stores that I work for will be a great addition to my route, no charity no comm. I have seen the light on the candy vs gumballs and toys reality and will be doing as much as I can  to get into more gumballs and bouncy balls etc with ALL of my new locations. Outside of the franchise I work for none of my new spots will be triples with straight candy aka wasteful. I will go with doubles with just gumballs and a candy of the locations choosing and upgrade if they can handle the equipment. I will NOT be wasting equipment dollars on locations that cant support said equipment, that got me into alot of trouble last yr and will not be happening again this yr. Last year I still treated this business like a hobby and came extremely close to getting out. This yr will be a year of actual GROWTH!

• 2 weeks later...

My 2010 Vending Goals are as follows:

• Increase my # of locations from 160 - 225
  • Obtain 30 new locations with racks
  • Obtain 25 new locations with sticker machines
  • Obtain 10 new crane locations
  • Obtain 10 new locations with interactive machines (SportsBlaster, Shootin' Hoops, SportTime, etc.)
  • Attend this year's NBVA's conference

My wife and I plan to grow to 50 locations by the end of 2010.  We will be locating all of the machines ourselves.  We plan to put almost every quarter we make back into machines and product.  Within 2 years, we will make this a full time gig for her, so she can quit her day job.

My 2010 Vending Goals are as follows:

• Increase my # of locations from 160 - 225
  • Obtain 30 new locations with racks
  • Obtain 25 new locations with sticker machines
  • Obtain 10 new crane locations
  • Obtain 10 new locations with interactive machines (SportsBlaster, Shootin' Hoops, SportTime, etc.)
  • Attend this year's NBVA's conference

Great plan.  Work it everyday. 

• 1 month later...

my goals for 2010:

1)finaly operate in the black

2)locate the machines in storage

3)upgrade/fine tune/expand/pull existing locations

4)switch all .50 toys to .75 & .25 to .50,this is the current trend here minus 1inchgum & bounce balls

5)try really hard not to buy anymore machines (unless its a big buck safari for  3k or less shipped) until in the black

heres is my progress or lack of:

1)this will hapen by years end if all goes according to plan,but we all know the unexpected comes up so we will see.

2)I have only 2 more machines left in storage and Rob is looking to find me locations for those

3)work in progress

4)work in progress

5)totally blew this one.had to buy a pricey new rack for a location that remodeld and needed a smaller rack and I am going to order a brand new ice cream machine on Monday.

it is way to early to tell but I think I can still meet all my goals.even if I am buying a couple of expensive machines,they will make revenue going towrds being in the black.I also have a couple of new locations so that will offset my expenses and most importantly a better understanding of this business

thanks to this site.

So far I am on track this year on my goals.

I added another Soda location yesterday. it is a Dixie Narco 501E

Picking up 25 more bulk machines in March that will need to be placed on location.

Looking at 3 locations now that have combo machines on site - each site doing around 175.00 per month. they want 550 for the machine and location.

I have revised my plans some what - I now plan on having 100 bulk location by the end of 2010 and at least 10 soda locations.

My wife and I plan to grow to 50 locations by the end of 2010.  We will be locating all of the machines ourselves.  We plan to put almost every quarter we make back into machines and product.  Within 2 years, we will make this a full time gig for her, so she can quit her day job.

Looks like you are ahead of schedule and might need to add to your goals.  Excellent.

Get all current machines placed (20 more 1-800's and couple of A&A doubles and singles)

Have current machines paid off by August (forum member owner financed them)

Form LLC

Obtain liability insurance

Get into toys and stickers

Get better organized with the paper work side of things

Shoot for 100 machines placed by end of year

Keep working on long term goal of becoming a full timer by 2013 (assuming we get past 2012 :-[, Mayan calander)

Start a vending forum Discussvend.com :D

OHH almost forgot win the Doozy Contest ;D

Not really business goal but I think one significantly effects the other, spend more time with family

My goal was $1,000 net my July.  If I estimate right, I am about 14% of the way there.  3 locations I received from Rob are helping.

I posted this on another thread, but after July my intent was to slow down the building of my business, and focus on paying down debt.  Well this year is full of surprises, and I came into some money.  After a long discussion with my Whiffle, we wanted to make sure we got the most benefit out of the money, so we paid off a whole bunch of debt.

So the second part of the year is no longer going to be spent on that debt.  While we still have debt, it has become much more manageable.  

I have been adding an amount each month into my vending account to help build this business, but a portion of the money we received was added to my vending account, bumping up my available cash.

But naturally one of our cars went on the fritz.  We took our emergency fund and bought another car.  So that will need to be replaced.

I had found a good deal on sticker machines, and had planned on placing at least a couple of them by now, but that has not worked out yet.

But I am starting to buy more machines, but am a little reluctant to buy too many until I start to get these sticker machines moved out.

I was going to look into buying a local route advertised on craigslist, but after I called the guy and left a message the ad disappeared, and he didn't call back, so I assume he sold it.  There will be others.

I do question if I will hit my July goal, but I am not giving up, and I am flexible, plus the influx of unexpected cash should increase my chances.

My goals:

1.  Complete research and write business plan.

2.  Start business with 3-5 machines.

3.  Grow to 20 machines.

1. Done.  All licenses applied for, waiting for final approval on county business license.  Opened business checking account on Tuesday of this week.

2. Bought ten Beaver heads from T-Bird, waiting on their arrival.  I'm starting with more machines than planned because of Johnny's great deal.  I'll probably make these doubles and still start with five locations.

3. Probably need to adjust this upwards, we'll see when once I start operating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to have to revise my Goals for 2010 - will be there by end of April / May 2010 - I now want to have 200 tripleheads on location by end of 2010

Picked up 68 more tripleheads today with 16 already on location

1 tabletop soda machine already on location and 1 tabletop snack machine to be located for a good price

so now I have 111 tripleheads with 34 on location

2 full size soda machines and 1 full size snack machine on location and 1 tabletop soda on location

now I will have to get Eddie and Rob busy finding me some more locations for the others  ;D