2010 Business Plans / Goals

West Coast Vend LLC

I missed my 2009 goal by 1 machine, but I will almost certainly achieve my 2010 goal of 25 machines on location. I will be at 20 machines on location after monday with 2-3 extra machines to locate after I take over the keys for the route I purchased. I may upgrade some locations to racks which may keep me from getting 25 locations, but that is acceptable in my book.   

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am obviously a newbe,and wanted to ask a question about a route I am interested in.You might have seen this on e-bay.it was for 170 machines incl. route.I am thinking about partial purchase of 35-37.I went to look at 2 stops,the locations were good.The seller estimates aprox.$12 to $15 a month per location. the machines are 2 head globe aprox. 2 yrs old,and I think they are  seagas or pro vents the asking price is $99.00 for machine/route/stock in machines,and any money in machines.I think it would be worth the investment,the machines them selves are worth $50 to $60. andare on location already.How do i proceed to negogiate?

any info would be greatly appreciated thanks  ron

There are lots of posts here on pricing routes. Personally,  I say $50/machine on location would be a good starting point and not going above about about $60/machine on location. Everyone here has their own opinion, and that is my own opinion. I haven't seen the machines or the locations to give a better number. He'd have to have proof that the machines are making $12-15/mo for me to offer more than that. 

My wife and I plan to grow to 50 locations by the end of 2010.  We will be locating all of the machines ourselves.  We plan to put almost every quarter we make back into machines and product.  Within 2 years, we will make this a full time gig for her, so she can quit her day job.

OK...we are revising our plan on the fly a bit.  We are going to shoot for 100 locations by the end of the year for bulk.  We are also going to try and pick up two more full line locations.  We are going to phase in toys in the next 90 days for some of our Shopvend triples.  Same two year plan for my wife's day job.  We have also been using locators to get the machines placed faster, since my job has required my presence for around 70 hours each week this season.  I am going to post a novel worth of information about those experiences in the next 60 days or so in the locator discussion threads.

As an amendment to my previous post,  I sat down and worked the numbers on every transaction we made for this vending business, and we are currently operating in the black.  We bought a route in another city, and picked up 100 machines for $17 each.  We then sold the route to a local guy over there, and sold 70 of the machines on EBay.  We made our money back plus, and kept 30 machines for $0.  We have now posted a $31 profit!  This won't be the case after I pay for some more locations.  But within 6 weeks, the business will be completely self sufficient, and won't require temporary cash infusions between collections anymore to fund expansion.  The Lord has blessed our family  beyond anything we could have imagined this year! 

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm just about to start my vending business.

My goals are:

-to have 25 machines placed by the end of 2010 (my first order of 12 is on the way already)

-to upgrade at least 3-5 of my top performing locations to racks

-create a website

• 4 months later...

my goals for 2010:

1)finaly operate in the black

2)locate the machines in storage

3)upgrade/fine tune/expand/pull existing locations

4)switch all .50 toys to .75 & .25 to .50,this is the current trend here minus 1inchgum & bounce balls

5)try really hard not to buy anymore machines (unless its a big buck safari for  3k or less shipped) until in the black

now that we are in the 4th quarter of the year I was wondering where everyone is with thier goals for the year.I have failed to meet most of my goals.

1)I wont be in the black as far as my vending biz as a whole but I belive we are on track to be in the black for the year.

2)I have located all the machines I have in storage minus a few I bought  today.all I have left in storage is machines that I want tpo sell.

3)I am pretty much succesful with this goal although I have 2 loctionsleft  that either will need to be pulled or try another differant product.

4)all my locations are at .75 for 2 inch minus a non comission location and a couple that have half .50 and half  75.as far as .50 cent 1 inch goes all my new locations have been configured with .75/.50 but some of my existing locations aren`t going to do well with .50 cent 1 inch imo and it wont be till sometime next year till I will convert those in hopes of a better economy.

5)I have bought many machines this year to expand my vending biz.,although no new video games.the expansion should help me be in the black for the year.

now that we are in the 4th quarter of the year I was wondering where everyone is with thier goals for the year.I have failed to meet most of my goals.

1)I wont be in the black as far as my vending biz as a whole but I belive we are on track to be in the black for the year.

2)I have located all the machines I have in storage minus a few I bought  today.all I have left in storage is machines that I want tpo sell.

3)I am pretty much succesful with this goal although I have 2 loctionsleft  that either will need to be pulled or try another differant product.

4)all my locations are at .75 for 2 inch minus a non comission location and a couple that have half .50 and half  75.as far as .50 cent 1 inch goes all my new locations have been configured with .75/.50 but some of my existing locations aren`t going to do well with .50 cent 1 inch imo and it wont be till sometime next year till I will convert those in hopes of a better economy.

5)I have bought many machines this year to expand my vending biz.,although no new video games.the expansion should help me be in the black for the year.

That was very smart of you to have 50/75 cent price points Antonio!

The key to success with goals is being flexible.  Always shoot for a goal that is a little hard to reach.  It's no fun just setting goals that are easy to achieve.  (Today I am going to watch television.)

Anyway, I have actually taken a left turn with my plans.  I came up with an idea a few months ago, and as a result I have drained my vending account trying to work on this other idea, while slowing my current vending plans almost to a stop.  But I am happy where I am, because I am no longer investing into my vending business, and in fact it is now maintaining itself while supporting my other idea, which once it is on track should become self sufficient and everything my vending business produces will again go back to covering my vending growth.

I'll let everyone know what I am doing after I have figured everything out, and have all the kinks (that I can find) worked out.

Then again if I crash and burn and just can't get the kinks worked out, you may never know.  ;)

am I the only one working on the 2010 goals??

My major goal was to have 25 machines by January 1 2011. That was met in July.  

When I started I figured I would buy all new machines. That changed dramatically purchase used machines and  locations.

(1) I am working on getting more Locations  and  machines currently. I have 9 more locations as of this week to place. Painting as fast as I can.

(2) I am also trying to maximize  profitability daily.

(3) Looking forward for 2011

My thoughts are that Business plans  have to be flexible not written in stone

It's been about a year since I bought my first machines and started in vending. In the beginning I really had no idea what my realistic goals could be so I guess if I was to tell you what my main  goal for 2010 was I would have to  say, to better understand the bulk vending business . Well after a year I can honestly say I feel I have achieved that goal Thanks to Vendiscuss and my own personal experiences.    I have found out what equipment to use and what not to use, what type of product I want to work with, how to locate on my own, which suppliers to work with, and most importantly how to balance my real life with  my "vending life". 

I still have a long way to go and can't wait to see what 2011 brings!!

It's been about a year since I bought my first machines and started in vending. In the beginning I really had no idea what my realistic goals could be so I guess if I was to tell you what my main  goal for 2010 was I would have to  say, to better understand the bulk vending business . Well after a year I can honestly say I feel I have achieved that goal Thanks to VENDiscuss and my own personal experiences.    I have found out what equipment to use and what not to use, what type of product I want to work with, how to locate on my own, which suppliers to work with, and most importantly how to balance my real life with  my "vending life".   

I still have a long way to go and can't wait to see what 2011 brings!!

If you dont mind me asking, since you have been at the one year mark, how many locations and heads do you have and what is your $ per head average?

Not at all!  To date I have 65 heads in 29 locations  I really haven't done an official breakdown on my averages per head yet but it would be roughly between 9 to 11 dollars per head.  Keep in mind that I am only doing this part time and plan on keeping it that way. I have used locators and have also located on my own.  I think everyone has different experiences in growth depending on how much time and money you have available.

Not at all!  To date I have 65 heads in 29 locations  I really haven't done an official breakdown on my averages per head yet but it would be roughly between 9 to 11 dollars per head.  Keep in mind that I am only doing this part time and plan on keeping it that way. I have used locators and have also located on my own.  I think everyone has different experiences in growth depending on how much time and money you have available.

That's a lot of growth in one year.  How did you finance it?

So all year I have been upgrading to racks adding a head here a there and it has really worked out well and I have more to go.

kelly this is exactly what I have been doing! the thread by gotlocs "you dont need anymore stupid locations" opened my eyes.

That's a lot of growth in one year.  How did you finance it?

I've been lucky enough to stay working at a good paying job so I'm able to set aside some money each month for vending capital.  I also had somewhat of a unique situation happen to me about  4 months ago that contributed to a small portion of my locations........ I was making calls to a bunch of venders  to see if they had any locations for sale. I became good friends with one guy, he wasn't selling any of his locations but really took an interest in talking about vending with me. One time we were talking about how he just bought a house and how it needed some work . He knew of me being in electrician from a previous discussion and Offered to trade me locations for work. It all worked out great and I ended up with five decent locations.