Eddie Bauer not responding???

takeabreak

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the status on Eddie?  Is he gone for a while?  There aren't a lot of locators that are willing to do full line in Canada so I was hoping he would stick around.  I will be using kick start for bulk though. ***I just was looking back in my old private messages and I forgot that Ethical had also agreed to do in Canada...Unfortunately they have basically gone the way of the dodo.

Sorry for the delayed response just got back from my beach house in surfside TX recuperating from a motocross injury.  glad to see how well the renovations looked after it survived Ike

I had always planned on keeping this a small fun little business that I could mnage part time,ish. I thought vending would be/is a cool thing to be in.

Man I'm a stay at home Dad with lots of hobbies,volunteer obligations and other business to see over.

I kept this small on purpose and took only a hand full of clients at a time so it would stay fun. when things stop being fun why do them anymore...life's too short bro..and It's true I do have a couple of extra nikels like someone on here was saying. I was just born into a cool family who helped me set my life up that way.But that does not mean I don't want to handle business to the best I am able under circumstance.

Eric saw potential wanted to go big with this thing and hire a gazillion people and take on a gazillion clients and make a gazillion dollars so I let him run with it and just sorta oversaw it. He was a hell of a guy and did a hell of a job as many of you know...but he's not here anymore and I am...still...solo...trying to clear the books so this will go back to being fun.

But man its taken alot more time and work and lots more money than I ever thought it would.Since Eric's passing I have refunded over 18k of money paid to company.

I will only use money this company generates to handle refunds and will not go into my pockets one bit. We all take risks when doing business and hiring services.As the company gets caught up the outstanding refunds and locations will keep coming.

I am a one man show and with much still to do some things will slip through the cracks. emails with no response, phone calls I will not be able to return etc...

and if I have a snowboard trip with my son or go to my place in Kauai for June I will be on the computer looking at gumball machine locations on a very limited bases.

That's why I take on few clients at time with smaller orders and when I finish those take on more. I have a waiting list of clients wanting to hire me that I couldn't get to this year even with 20 telemarketers  muchless my 9 .

And to top of that somone on this forum has placed a machine at a location that you said you turned down because the wall paper made you machine look fat or whatever you said. I QC ed it and your number is on the sticker.

My deal is:

No kickout warranties No performance warranties, refunds and replacements are case by case, and every location gets a  chance even if the counter girl is not cute or the owner says the last machine  there didn't do well(how does he know what well is?) or because it smells like Mexican food in the Mexican resturaunt.

Every client is in rotation and gets equal call time. I hope I find your location the first day but I just cant say for sure...How could I?

I'n not a fortune teller or a mind reader who could forsee the owner walking in next month and saying I dont want that machine here anymore.I don't know if you've been servicing your machine properly?? How would I know how many people are going to put quarters in your machine.Our business is to find a business who will allow you to put your business in there's. I'm not responsible for performance or kickouts...thats never made sense to me so a while back I cut it out. Only on case by case,not as a policy. I've seen big locations flop and small ones kick butt.

Can't win with some people so I have quit responding to them. bought 2 locations and have turned down 5...they say

Anyway man,  it is what it is at the end of the day all I can do is the best I can do. I have my kid's stuff to attend to and other things that need my attention aswell as this.

I am very shocked at the comments everyone has been expressing in this thread.  My wife and I have always had excellent communication with Eddie.  He was upfront about his process from the get go with us.  Everyone keeps saying that Rob is the best locator, and how great his company is, but in reading previous posts,  every locator has gotten mixed reviews.  When the locations are coming in, we as vendors are happy,  but when things slow down, LOOK OUT! 

We have hired Eddie for twenty plus locations so far, and he has been very good at accepting our turn downs.  We have been picky, but at the same time, not overly so.  We have even taken a location that we didn't think would do well, because it was in line with our route.  It pulled $10 last month.  That works for us because we are paying Eddie's company to do something we do not have time to do.  If we are locating,  we go door to door at almost every business, and place anywhere that they would let us.  Why should a locator be expected to do much more than that?  We have been very successful in taking most locations other than some dumpy places, that Eddie's people could not see through a phone line anyway.  We now have 40 location within 5 miles of our home.  That makes financial sense to me.  If there are a other machines, or no air conditioning, or some other extenuating circumstances, talk to the man.  He will work with you! 

Eddie has been completely honest with me from the get go.  He is a family man, like myself, and a christian.  He runs an ethical company.  This is my experience, and I just felt it was necessary to put my viewpoint out here.  I love all you guys and your knowledge that helped get us started, but I think you may be persecuting the man a little too much here.   

I have had a good experience with Eddie he has helped me get my jump start and is always good with communication by email or phone.  I have used him for half of my full line locations and they are both doing good and holding strong.  I use Eddie and another locator that is not on this forum for my full line and they are both good so no complaints here

I wish I could leave a positive response here but apparently I am one of those he does not want to deal with.  I sent Eddie hime money for six locations.  I received 4 that went in.  3 out of the 4 are making less than $5 per month.  The other is making aprox $20 per month.  Now I know there is no revenue garantee but this was not made clear at the beginning- shame on me for not asking.  That aside, at this point, all I am aking for is my remaining two locations or a refund.  I am not sure why this has put me on the black list for Eddie. 

Please Eddie, respond so I can put this behind me.

Thanks!!!!!

Hey mainor,If 16 candy machines makes you a pro and pays your bills you need to move out of your parents house LOL

just teasing ya bro

But what I'm really trying to understand why you get to do this business part time making your own company rules(like where to place your machines,How much money makes a good location etc...) but I do this part time with my own company policies and it makes me a...how'd you put it "a joke". Why the name calling. Ive never done any wrong to you.

I've been on this forum longer than you and was doing this for a couple of years before that and have enough business lined up to get me more through the year...so fear not I will be here in 6 months for you to poke fun at LOL

Not everyone has had the supernatural experience with KS that Kelly has had and maybe they'd like to have an alternative. If your signed up with me your one of 10 of so that I am working with at that time.

Actually I was a little disappointed in Kelly's response. I thought he'd have much more than just "NOT" for me.

I have customers who speak of my co. just like kelly speaks of KS and biserversa

I think he's more anti Eddie than pro KS.

Let me qualify that by saying Rob at KS kicks butt and is a full time pro at this locating stuff.

And lastly,

takeabreak...where's the gratitude man. I gave you 6 locations for the price of 5, sent 4 replacements for poor performers(and I don't even have a poor performance policy I was just trying do do good business by you ) after ONE month and you come on here like this?

I had given up but I will try and get you back in rotation next week. I'm booked right now.

See this is why No performance warranty and no kickout warranty. at least upfront your know.

I'm so glad I found this Forum and topic.  I own a large vending company in Portland, OR. and I have used vending locators in the past that have done great work for me.  I worked with Ethical Locators for over a year and I was very satisfied but they no longer exist.  So, I called Eddie Bauer Locators on September 10th 2009.  After a discussion about what we are looking for, he assured me we could have a great working relationship.  I then sent $300 via paypal to pay for 2 locations.  After a couple of months of receiving no locations and many emails back and forth assuring me they are working on it I started to get worried that I was never going to receive anything.  The last response I received from Eddie was on March 14th and he wrote, "I'm out of town but still working and have incentives for my guys and the locations to get your machine placed. We are working on it still bro and have some interesting prospects for it but need to get them confirmed." 

I never heard from Eddie again.  I have placed several calls, messages, and emails and he has never responded back to me since that day.  I invite Eddie to make this right with me.  I will still take 2 locations or I would like to be refunded my $300.  I hope he finds it valuable to take care of his customers.  Thank you for taking the time to read my long winded post and I hope it helps someone out there to not get robbed of their hard earned money.  I will keep everyone updated on the response of Eddie if I receive any.

Ryan

what happen with the ford dealership?

How about avid health care? they wanted the machine installed right away?

Did you call Tony at the body shop?

First off I told you for 150 we'd find you a smaller blue collar plac e for your machine.

Then mid way through you email me saying you want 50-100 employees.

We sent you three location looking back at my records. If I secure a 50-100 person location that 4-500 bucks not 150 and I told you that in the very begining

Just to show the comunity not to believe all they read here are two more sent to you on sept 18th 8 days laters...what happend with these now that 5.

I can deal with reality but not make believe. Now you want a refund NO Way Eric busted his butt on your account.

read the dates.

I thought you said we sent you nothing for 3 months???

second location.

contact is larby

monday around 130/2pm

make sure to have water

Downtown 76

1967 SW 4th Ave

Portland, OR 97201 Map (1.06 miles)

(503) 224-5353

also, on the first location, contact requested that you call first to schedule delivery!

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 9:53 AM, eric monzingo <ericmonzingo@gmail.com> wrote:

here is number one.  will be working on the other.

+1 for soda in portland

duane

mon 8-430

at least pepsi & water, gatorade if possible?

address confirmed

Acme Welding Corp

625 SE Salmon St

Portland, OR 97214 Map (0.99 miles)

(503) 230-1873

Here's even more correspondence between you and Eric in regards to that Ford dealership that wanted someone to come out and talk to them before they committed that we found for you. Your blasting a man I loved with your slander bro.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Subject: Re: searching

To: eric monzingo <ericmonzingo@gmail.com>

Hello Eric,

I have taken a few accounts away from Corwin and I will call Linda and send her our info.  This looks like a good lead and I'll do my best to close it.

Thank You,

Ryan Harrington

Royal Vending

503-704-9759

Eddie,

My very first conversation with you outlined the type of locations we were looking for and you said that you could work with our requirements.  You even asked me to send you an email stating these requirements so that you could see if it would work for your company.  Here was the first email I ever sent you:

Ryan Harrington to eddiebauerjr                                            show details 9/9/09

Let me know what you think about 50-100 employees in Portland metro area.

Thank You,

--

Ryan Harrington

Rl Vending

You then replied back with a paypal request for $300 and a message that read, "Thanks again for the business Ryan and we look forward to a long and prosperous business relationship with you."

Eddie Bauer Jr

832-883-4479

I never changed the parameters of our deal midway through.  I had said what I needed from the very beginning and you agreed to the terms and I have the emails to prove it.  If you could not find locations based on my requirements that you agreed to then don't take my $300.  If you still can't find locations based on my requirements that you agreed to then refund my money.  Don't lie about our agreement later, that is in writing, and then steal my money. 

Eric did send me Acme Welding and here was my response:

Ryan Harrington to eric                                                      show details 9/18/09

Hello Eric,

This location has only 4 employees and no foot traffic and would not be able to support a vending machine.

Thank You,

Ryan Harrington

Rl Vending

Here is the response to the 76 station:

Ryan Harrington to eric                          show details 9/18/09

This location already has a mini mart on site and Larby did not understand that the vending machine was from another company selling soda and water that they already sell in the mini mart.

Ryan

Here is Eric's response to both of my emails about these two locations:

eric monzingo to me                                                    show details 9/18/09

no worries.  your right to refusal.  we'll get another.  i'll make sure message is conveyed to be more diligent in finding out that information.

thanks, ryan

Here is Eric's email about the Ford Dealership:

eric monzingo to me                                                        show details 10/14/09

linda (lisa maybe) at vancouver ford is willing to accept a proposal just to look over.  they have been using Corwin Bev.  for years.  i'm not trying to pass this off as anything special, but i have been running into that company all afternoon.  i have been in 50+ employee locations and while i haven't had any luck as of yet, i am not doubtful that they will come.  concerning the ford dealership i would send them the info you have sent me, however, i thought it would be best to let you consider how you might want to present it to them if at all.  i do know that they are not under contract with Corwin.  they just have a long standing relationship.  business is business, though.  she said she would review your info sent to

Lbeagle@vancouverford.com

Vancouver Ford Curtis Garrison 6801 NE 40th St Vancouver WA 98661 360-694-8500 100-249 $100 - 500 Million

i'll continue calling for another hour or so to see what i can finish up with.

thanks.

--

Eric Monzingo

Eddie Bauer Vending

Operations Mgr.

281-213-7422

In this email, Eric clearly states that he is looking for locations with 50+ employees.  Look at the date.  I clearly did not change my terms midway through.  My terms were established from day one and you know this.  If you did not like my terms then don't take my money!

Here was my response to Eric on the Ford Dealership:

Ryan Harrington to eric                                show details 10/16/09

Liz at Vancouver Ford is using Corwin Beverage.  Corwin is vending the 20oz bottles of soda for $1.00 and giving Vancouver Ford a 20% commission.  I can't beat that deal so they are going to stay with Corwin.

Thank You,

Ryan