Gumball storage

Agapevending

Does anybody know where I could get a container to store my gumballs? A long time ago my Chicles came in a container at Sam's but the next time I went to buy one for my gumballs they were selling them in a box again. What kind of containers do all of you store your gumballs in?

I just store them in the box they came in.  They are in a plastic bag inside the box, so that works out well for me.  I've noticed that while candy likes the cold, gumballs do not.  And conversely, gumballs like the heat, but candy does not.  Go figure. 

Candy will sweat in the heat, and gumballs will get warm and chewy.  However I've made the mistake trying to cool my gumballs when out doing deliveries.  It didn't work out well.  I took all the bags of gumballs out of their cartons, and put them in an igloo cooler.  I then put in a few of the frozen blue ice thingies to keep the gumballs cool.  Big mistake.  The blue ice caused condensation on the gumballs and made them disolve the outer shell.  Got melted candy coating all over the place.  I'll never do that again.

Gumballs come in small cases of only around 17lbs.  That makes them easy enough to lift.  But I've noticed when buying candy in cases, they are usually around 25-30lbs.  That makes it much heavier and harder to lift.  I haven't done this yet, but I'm going to be going to home depot to get some of their orange 5 gal buckets with lids, and store the candy in those things.  They have handles and I'll be able to lift them with one hand.  The lids will help seal the candy in to keep it fresh, and to keep out the bugs.

I keep all mine in plastic sealable container's.  I put the container's in plastic tote's with lockable sides. I put all the sealed bags in the tote's as well.

If you live in a major metropolitan area then any restaurant supply store will carry square Cambro food containers. I use 4 quart and 8 quart sizes. I prefer the white polyethelyene to the clear ones.

If you want to buy online, I've bought several boxes of them from this company:  http://www.centralrestaurant.com/Camwear-Square-Container--Quart-Capacity-c84p13934.html?from=Search

The person I dealt with was Michelle Clemens 1 800 222-5107 extension 8443